XVideoSharing - Video Hosts are being hacked!

dominic1991

Video Hosts are being hacked!

#1 Postby dominic1991 » May 25, 2014 6:13 am

These days a guy i hacking a lot of video hosts. What dose he do? He hacks intro the hosts database, he enters peoples accounts, and changes there payments information. That way the administrator will pay hem instead of the real user. These is getting out of hand! Also i`m afraid that he might mass delete peoples files.

1. I need information on how to prevent these from happening
2. I want to know how can i enable Security Lock for all users in the same time
3. Sibsoft needs to patch and try to fix these, i really can`t cope with these alone, and i need you guys help.
4. How much dose the File Trash bin Mod Costs? to prevent people from instantly remove files?

Thank you hoping for a solution to these, he likes to blackmail people or he hacks some more. :(

Have a nice day.

Internet Consumer

#2 Postby Internet Consumer » May 27, 2014 4:10 am

This is a very serious problem but i don't think its there fault. Usually it has to do with the server provider or the owner of there server that was bought by them.

1. If using the same pass (This will be an easy way for hackers to figure out.)

2. Make sure your server provider has tight security for these things.

3. Always make sure your server is updated.

4. Just dont use the same pass on everything. Including on stuff like servers.

PilgrimX182

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jun 02, 2014 6:25 am

You can create a ticket and we check your script version for possible vulnerabilities.
Sometimes our clients being hacked through the .php scripts on the same server (phpmyadmin, phpbb, etc).
Also it's important to have good SSH password and change it every 2-3 months.
Sometimes hackers able to upload special scripts through cpanel FTP access with poor password, so need to check this as well.

pansel

#4 Postby pansel » Dec 27, 2014 11:02 am

my host allows ssh access only after getting the ip whitelisted by them