XFileSharing Pro - 1.9 Suggestions - Page 2

ankurs

#16 Postby ankurs » Feb 06, 2011 4:49 pm

chrda wrote:he uses 100 or 1000gbit and its maxed... so his transfer is slow.

Just put a output max limit on nginx.
you can already do that

bigbuffertv

#17 Postby bigbuffertv » Feb 06, 2011 11:47 pm

ankurs wrote:
bigbuffertv wrote:to be able to transfer files between servers via private network sure can just turn nginx off but pisses people off :)
?? how does transfer relate to nginx
i use 1gbps server and they get maxed out very easily so im always addin more and moving files about so weither or or not its nginx or apache using the bandwidth its still maxed rather than limiting nginx or turning it off it would be alot better to transfer the files over private network

ankurs

#18 Postby ankurs » Feb 07, 2011 5:13 am

bigbuffertv wrote:
ankurs wrote:
bigbuffertv wrote:to be able to transfer files between servers via private network sure can just turn nginx off but pisses people off :)
?? how does transfer relate to nginx
i use 1gbps server and they get maxed out very easily so im always addin more and moving files about so weither or or not its nginx or apache using the bandwidth its still maxed rather than limiting nginx or turning it off it would be alot better to transfer the files over private network
instead of moving the files yourself, i would instead ask for a auto load balancing mod ; that would improve site performance & you dont need to sit all day looking at server speeds and move files yourself

chrda

#19 Postby chrda » Feb 07, 2011 9:42 am

It would be much better with a nginx proxy solution.

Each fileserver will then have a number of proxies it offloads to instead.
more traffic? no problem, just add a new server in the nginx proxy cluster.

They are stupid simple to use..

Just want to add that it need soem change in the 1.8 code to make it work. but fully possible.

Also if you server is allways busy, it might be an idea to get more of them.

There is many ways to setup a server, and it all depends on your usage pattern. And from what i see on this forum most peeps either do the admin work them self or got a third party.
By using a guy with some skills in the linux world, alot can be fixed by tuning different parts. Also some analyzes of the usage pattern will conclude that you might accually use the wrong setup

bigbuffertv

#20 Postby bigbuffertv » Feb 07, 2011 6:39 pm

chrda wrote:It would be much better with a nginx proxy solution.

Each fileserver will then have a number of proxies it offloads to instead.
more traffic? no problem, just add a new server in the nginx proxy cluster.

They are stupid simple to use..

Just want to add that it need soem change in the 1.8 code to make it work. but fully possible.

Also if you server is allways busy, it might be an idea to get more of them.

There is many ways to setup a server, and it all depends on your usage pattern. And from what i see on this forum most peeps either do the admin work them self or got a third party.
By using a guy with some skills in the linux world, alot can be fixed by tuning different parts. Also some analyzes of the usage pattern will conclude that you might accually use the wrong setup
if you got the know how and the time or know someone whp can add the code to this script then let me know and ill post my email or msn i got the money so that side of things isnt a problem its just finding someone to who can do the code for this script as well im finding it hard to find any decent perl coders

but at the end of the day when i add more servers i still move files about try and even things around so hopefully i can higher you to work something out for me elt me know

thanks

chrda

#21 Postby chrda » Feb 07, 2011 7:16 pm

email me, there is a button.. ill take a look for free

laurencefrazerreeves

#22 Postby laurencefrazerreeves » Feb 11, 2011 9:45 pm

embed a forum and support helpdesk, but make them add-ons

.Mr.

#23 Postby .Mr. » Feb 15, 2011 3:44 am

I have this sugest for the multiservers if possible, Which is moving files from 1 server to otherservers or copy them. for the same user or account.

chrda

#24 Postby chrda » Feb 15, 2011 9:07 am

.Mr. wrote:I have this sugest for the multiservers if possible, Which is moving files from 1 server to otherservers or copy them. for the same user or account.
This already exist. Both in gui for 1.8, and in a custom transfer.pl script

Guneyd

#25 Postby Guneyd » Apr 27, 2011 4:07 am

Sorry to bump this topic, but I just asked to download XFilesharing again in my client panel and it said it was version 1.9 O_O. Is this a typo or is there really a new version out?

PowerChaos

#26 Postby PowerChaos » Apr 27, 2011 5:05 am

that version is getting kinda old at those days if you ask me ^^

but yes , there is a new version out

Greets From PowerChaos

okpa

#27 Postby okpa » Apr 28, 2011 3:57 pm

better 2 template
add pps plans