XUpload - 405 Method Not Allowed

EZill

405 Method Not Allowed

#1 Postby EZill » Oct 26, 2007 9:16 pm

I've recently moved my web site to a Linux server hosted by GoDaddy.com but can't get XUpload Pro to work on it.

Everything was working well on the previous server (also Linux). I changed the directory paths for the temp and upload directories to match the GoDaddy format for absolute urls and have doube checked the other urls and file and folder permissions but still get this error:

Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /uploader/upload.cgi.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at davidwhitmerfieldrecordings.net Port 80

Not files are uploaded and no progress indicator appears. I've been through the GoDaddy help files regarding cgi configuration and can't find anything that might be restricting the upload except that the cgi folder cannot be named "cgi-bin". Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 31, 2007 1:45 pm

Answered you in PM.

wbrightfl

#3 Postby wbrightfl » Dec 13, 2007 7:40 pm

I just moved a site to godaddy and my forms are doing the exact same thing. Godaddy support tells me it's my scripting even though the forms worked perfectly on my last host.

What was the fix for this?

thanks,
Wesley

EZill

#4 Postby EZill » Dec 14, 2007 6:01 pm

The problems on my server were that I have a "basic" hosting package with GoDaddy that doesn't support CGI scripts (the source of the 405 error) and I had the xupload.js file in the wrong place. I haven't upgraded my hosting package or tried to get XUpload working, yet.

wbrightfl

#5 Postby wbrightfl » Dec 14, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah godaddy wasn't much help. They said it was scripting and my problem and I have a premium account. I spent have the night trying to rewrite scripts that will work on godaddy's server. I would not have moved to godaddy if I had known this. I expected better support from them as well.

EZill

#6 Postby EZill » Dec 14, 2007 8:35 pm

I decided to go ahead and deal with this problem (just spent about an hour or two on it) and I did manage to get things to work.

First I upgraded my hosting package with GoDaddy to the Deluxe one. Your Premium package should work (are you using the Linux hosting or Windows hosting? Mine's Linux).

The tough parts with the configuration are getting the paths correct in the config file due to GoDaddy's strange home path syntax.

Another thing I found is that for the xupload.js file (which handles all the fancy upload progress display) to work, I had to place its javascript into the a script tag in the form itself, not access it as an included file as it is in the forms that come with XUpload Pro.

I hope this helps!

EZ

wbrightfl

#7 Postby wbrightfl » Dec 14, 2007 8:56 pm

Yes I finally got things working, after spending some time figuring it out. Yes their home page path was odd.