XFileSharing Pro - Advices for new file host

fukkis

Advices for new file host

#1 Postby fukkis » Dec 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Hello, i am planning to open a file host using x file sharing pro.
I need some advices from some experts in the area.

If i start with only 1 server for both site server and file server it will affect the speed of the site ? It will be slow ?

If i will go for 1 server for site server and 1 for file server what hardware i shall choose ?

I am thinking to buy a custom server from leaseweb

I will not make advertise the file host. I will only have aproximately 100 prenium users the month only.

glumbo

#2 Postby glumbo » Dec 11, 2011 1:36 am

100 your first month? That's a lot. Anyways I recommend you get a dedicated server for the files and a cloud server such as from http://cleverkite.com for your main website. That's what we are using right now. You don't need a separate dedicated server for your main website
Last edited by glumbo on Dec 12, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

fukkis

thanks

#3 Postby fukkis » Dec 11, 2011 1:00 pm

first of all i would like to thank you for your advice.

I saw the cleverkite packages. Cumulus have 1.5 GB ram. This is enaugh ? From your experience aproximately how many users it can addord ?

Also the fact that those servers come with ssd means that i am gonna need less cpu and ram power than other servers with sata ?

If i choose to get 1 server for site and file server, it can affect the speed of the site if it get nearly to its limits ?

glumbo

#4 Postby glumbo » Dec 12, 2011 2:42 am

You should start with the Alto package and upgrade to 1GB ram. This should accommodate around 50k page views a day provided you optimize your mysql and apache. Upgrade ram and space as you need to.

Neo_000

#5 Postby Neo_000 » Dec 12, 2011 9:26 am

You can use 1 Server for files and site! But then you have to rent a big server with much RAM!

But I think it depends wich service you use (Apache2/Nginx) I have a big Server where my site is running, and my Filehostservice!

I have until today no problems with performance...

And getting 100 Premium Users is verry verry hard.... You have to play with big other ones like RS, UL and so on... Its a hard marked....