CommuniMail - Alphabetical order

User

Alphabetical order

#1 Postby User » Jan 11, 2007 9:24 am

Hi there

I've noticed that the email addresses are in alphabetical order is there a way that I can have the name in order and not the email?

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Alphabetical order

#2 Postby admin » Jan 12, 2007 11:52 am

User wrote:Hi there

I've noticed that the email addresses are in alphabetical order is there a way that I can have the name in order and not the email?

Thank you.
Please clarify what do you exactly mean.

User

#3 Postby User » Jan 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Firslty thanks for your help with my other problem, working great.

What we would like to do is have the list of subscribers names in alphabetical order.

for example we have the following listed:

Metherell
Bailey
Jones
Yard
Hickton
Scoates
Mcelduff
Hounsell
Hulme
Choman
Lewis
Carr
Readman
Beckham

As you can see its not in alphabetical order. Would this be possible please?

Thanks again.

rogersjr

#4 Postby rogersjr » Feb 20, 2007 10:49 pm

I would also find it useful to have subscribers listed alphabetically by name rather than by email address.

donb01

#5 Postby donb01 » Feb 24, 2007 9:20 pm

I would bet the items are displayed based on the sort order of the database, and the database is probably sorted on the key value, which is likely the E-mail address.

While not impossible, this would require having multiple indexes for the SQL database depending on which items you wanted to sort by - a semi-major chunk of work that would probably require anyone trying to update from an older version to also convert their database. A whole extra step for the novice user to try and figure out.

I would say something like that is probably a low-motivation upgrade for them compared to some of the easier things we are asking for.