XFileSharing Pro - anti mass mail (mod idea :d)

PowerChaos

anti mass mail (mod idea :d)

#1 Postby PowerChaos » Feb 16, 2010 3:47 pm

hi all
i used the mass mail today and it is great , works nice but i got only 1 small problem

the good thing is that i got my own servers so it isnt a big problem for me , but for other users it can be

it sends mass mail at 1 time
i got 101 users (or a bit more) and if i send mass mail then it sends 101 emails at a single time

and not every server likes that , thats calling mass mailing ^^ and that gives problems with some host providers

so i was wondering if it is posseble to put a Qeue system in it like vbulletin ??

what does that mean ?
well , instead it sends 100 emails at the same time , that it sends like 20 emails per cycle

so it auto refresh every 10 seconds and only process 20 emails per 10 seconds

then no1 can complain about server abusing or mass mailing and the cpu stays nice :D

and then you are sure that every email is sended like it need to be

to give my example , on the system i saw 126 emails sended succesfully , but i get a email of my script monitor that says that only 101 emails are sended (mass mail warning)

it would be nice if that can be in the next release or so that it limits the sending at 1 time and that it does it in muliple times :D

thank you
Greets From PowerChaos

GMC

#2 Postby GMC » Feb 19, 2010 5:12 pm

I am no expert - but I am sure there is a setting within your mail server to do this

I use sendmail for my server and I know there is a queue management process built in

PowerChaos

#3 Postby PowerChaos » Feb 19, 2010 5:17 pm

queue manager and mail exim are 2 differend things

a queue manager just prevent from sending more then XX mails per hour

so if you send 1k emails and settings are on 100 per hour then it takes 10 hours before it sends all the mails

so new users cant register and so on , but that have nothing to do with mass mailings

it only delay the messages , and you still can mass mail

but with the mod i mean

it still sends 100 emails , but per cycle , doesnt overload the server and the queue still works but then i can disable it ^^

then the exim is against spamm and that was the option what was blocking 80% of my emails i needed to have , so it is back disabled now or els i dont get my needed emails anymore

but it are 2 differend things

the queue prevent mass mailing
when the cycle prevent cpu usage

Greets From PowerChaos

admin
Site Admin

#4 Postby admin » Feb 20, 2010 8:31 am

Take a look at Communimail. You can set delay between emails (in seconds), so you will not overload your mail server (especially important on shared servers).

Besides that, Communimail can import your Xfilesharing contacts: http://www.sibsoft.net/forum/communimai ... t1970.html[/url]

PowerChaos

#5 Postby PowerChaos » Feb 20, 2010 8:44 am

eum , not for 1 of other reason
but what have comunnimail to do with xfilesharing ??

it are 2 differend things and the mail sending i use to my members are just 1 time to anounce some new stuff or to let them know needed things (like server moving)

but thats differend then a mailinglist o.O

Thank you
Greets From PowerChaos

admin
Site Admin

#6 Postby admin » Feb 20, 2010 8:58 am

Looks like you got that a bit wrong. Communimail is a newsletter script which can send pretty newsletters (you can use WYSIWYG editor to compose HTML emails) to users (manually or automatically).

Of course you do not need subscription part, because you already have users database with emails - but that's why we did convert script. So you can import emails from xfilesharing.