XFileSharing Pro - Authorize.net Payment Gateway

revive

Authorize.net Payment Gateway

#1 Postby revive » Apr 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Hello,
Like most mid to large sized businesses, we have opted to use a traditional payment gateway instead of Paypal, etc.. mainly due to the issues that come with using Paypal. There are a number of payment gateways, although they are the smaller, lesser none companies and a few large ones like Paypal,.. but nothing for Auth.net, one of the largest payment gateway and merchant account providers available..

Will a payment gateway be made available in an upcoming release? If so, is there any time estimate on that? If not, what would it take/cost to implement this for the script?

Thanks again

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Apr 06, 2010 5:35 am

We're not planning to add Auth.NET in near future.
Email to [email protected], we can do this mod customly for you now.

revive

#3 Postby revive » Apr 06, 2010 7:00 am

What would you charge to code an auth.net module?

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » Apr 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Just email to us if you need it, will give you approx quote in email.

admin
Site Admin

#5 Postby admin » Apr 07, 2010 11:50 am

And do not forget to attach integration documentation (supplied by authorize.net).

revive

No worries

#6 Postby revive » May 10, 2010 2:15 pm

ah, no worries.. I can have one of our developers add it if you are not willing to provide a quote on your 'support' forum ;) It's a pretty easy question to answer and the cost should be the same for everyone.. so, I would think it would benefit you to just post how much you would charge to integrate it :)

mrperl

Re: Authorize.net Payment Gateway

#7 Postby mrperl » Sep 04, 2010 12:01 pm

revive:

I am considering moving from authorize.net to paypal merchant services because of the ever-increasing monthly fees.

Why is your company going in the opposite direction?

mrperl

revive

#8 Postby revive » Sep 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Good question.. we've used Paypal for years and have had a fairly good experience all around, for the most part. That is, until Paypal said some other account had information relating to our account and they wanted us to 'cover' a negative balance on that account. Long story short, I had used a personal account years before, sold an item on eBay, got paid, shipped it.. and didn't really use Paypal after that for some time. Apparently, the buyer of that item filed a dispute and was refunded their money - even though they also kept the product. I was not informed of this, for reasons I still do not know.. and bottom line was that I had not used that old account for over 6 years! They pulled 200+ from my business account after freezing it without warning, causing ALL customer payments to fail for nearly 3 weeks !!

Now, granted, this scenario was caused by a lack of supervision of my previous account.. my bad. I should have stayed more connected to it, not assumed that simply because I got paid and shipped an item that all was said and done. The only thing I can think of is the email that paypal must have sent re: the refund request, was caught by my spam filter at the time.. But, I can accept my lack of responsibility as the CAUSE.. I cannot however accept how Paypal went about nearly crippling receipt of payments for over 3 weeks ! It was utterly unprofessional and after I researched this further I came to find out it is VERY common - for many more reasons than what effected me. Just google 'Paypal sucks' and you'll see ! LOL

Since Paypal is NOT a bank, and claims to be a 'Payment Broker' they do not fall under the authority of any bank or financial institution agencies.. they basically have free reign since there essentially is no way to enforce laws against them unless you have some - for laywers, serious -.

With all that transpired, the way that they handled it and the sheer lack if interest in the impact it was having on my business, there is no way I can or will recommend Paypal to anyone!

Sure, they have permeated the market.. you can use them to buy nearly anything.. its pretty easy to setup.. but, once they find a 'problem' with your account, even if it is found to be in error.. the best case scenario is your ability to receive payments through them will be stopped, without notice, until the problem is resolved !

Hope that helps

mrperl

Re: Authorize.net Payment Gateway

#9 Postby mrperl » Sep 08, 2010 5:09 pm

revive:

Yup, what you said is true. Paypal does not have a banking charter in the USA, though it has had a EU charter since 2007, granted in Luxembourg.

Authorize.net is forcing users to either prove they have a monthly PCI scan service or or get fined $45.00/month. Plus I've seen some invoices where I can't reconcile the dates or amounts of the service fees.

mrperl.