XFileSharing Pro - Best server administration

ramraajan

Best server administration

#1 Postby ramraajan » Jul 10, 2010 4:06 pm

I brought a big server with 16 processor 16gb ram for my abitious plans for starting a hosting site like rapidshare. I have a problem now. I don't know anything about linux security. working etc.

I contact a company for maintain the website. They say for big servers with a lot of bandwidth DDOS problem with come and they are charging $600/mo for maintain.

I brought the server itself for 1000 buks only. Its waste for me to spend that much admin.

So please some one recommend me a good admin. I already have xfilesharing pro with all addons. i Wait for help.

naga

#2 Postby naga » Jul 10, 2010 7:34 pm

buy the nginx mod and get the sibsoft support to install it for you. there's not much else needed...

komi

#3 Postby komi » Jul 10, 2010 7:42 pm

naga wrote:buy the nginx mod and get the sibsoft support to install it for you. there's not much else needed...
No. Nginx will not protect you from being DDoS attacked. In fact, as long as you receive the traffic, you will have to pay for it.

In this situation there's not much that can be done. Providers usually don't block IP's in their routers because of the load it will cause.

You should consider to have your current IP nullrouted and use another IP if possible.

Source: experience

ramraajan

#4 Postby ramraajan » Jul 16, 2010 10:17 am

thank you all. I got suggestion nginx will protect but it didn't help.

I finally moved my server to hostcircle.com i got a offer to my file hosting company from them.got a server and firewall. they manage my server for me.