XFileSharing Pro - Bugs / design flaws in API mod

PremiumdlScripter

Bugs / design flaws in API mod

#1 Postby PremiumdlScripter » Nov 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Hello,
first of all - I'am not a direct customer of your software, I'am just a guy who writes private download/upload scripts for legit premium owners of filesharing sites - a lot of them are XFS based.

With your introduction of XFSv3 you have added a lot of improvements.

One of them is the introduction of your "API mod".
Thanks for that!

I have come across several sites using it but to me it looks as if either you have a bad default configuration or the API design is just bad.
I've also asked some of the sites whose APIs I tested but they told me there is nothing they can do because the script comes from your company.

I do not own XFS so I was unable to find out more which is why I hope you'll be willing to answer the following questions:

1. /api/account/info?key=key
Why does this not return the remaining traffic (example website: ddl.to)?
That is one of the most useful account-information but I can only parse it via website.

2. /api/account/info?key=key
The "premium_expire" value is always present, even for accounts which never had a premium status.
It contains the exact date when the user registered the account which is not a big bug but still irritating.
Example website: clicknupload.org

3. /api/file/info?key=key&file_code=file_code
It seems like by default or at least in your early versions, this did only allow users to check their own uploaded files but not public file_codes uploaded by other users.
Why?

4. /api/file/direct_link?key=key&file_code=file_code
Why does this only work for self uploaded files?
Don't understand me wrong - sure it makes sense that this does not work for free accounts but it would absolutely make sense to allow this for premium users by default.
Example website: ddl.to

5. Deleting files
Why is there no API call to delete selt uploaded files?
I only see a call to get a list of recently deleted files but this is not what I want.
Example website: fastfile.cc

Best regards,
PremiumdlScripter

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bugs / design flaws in API mod

#2 Postby admin » Nov 11, 2019 7:23 am

Thanks for your feedback. We will consider these improvements for the next mod version.

PremiumdlScripter

Re: Bugs / design flaws in API mod

#3 Postby PremiumdlScripter » Nov 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Thanks for your answer :)

Best regards,
PremiumdlScripter