XFileSharing Pro - Call for the XFS Pro 1.5 new features!

PilgrimX182

Call for the XFS Pro 1.5 new features!

#1 Postby PilgrimX182 » Apr 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Gonna release next XFS Pro version really soon with some tasty features (they're secret yet!).
So wanna ask you if you have any good ones in mind while I'm into this project these days.
Last edited by PilgrimX182 on Jun 30, 2009 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

wlooooo

#2 Postby wlooooo » Apr 23, 2009 8:29 pm

hi if u can add this features

1- put plimus as a payment method
2- change the background and upload prograss bar color and all script colors from sitting
3- put some themes to select from

dotcom

#3 Postby dotcom » Apr 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Can we have Geo-targetting ?

The website should be equipped with geo-targeting, this means you can control the following variables depending on where your user's location is:

1. Download speed

2. Wait time

3. Membership prices

4. Design/language

5. Ads they see

...and so much more

This sub-system is also a VERY important factor in ad-revenue, and if used wisely, and with the right networking, can definitly increase the website's revenue.

portugaline

#4 Postby portugaline » Apr 23, 2009 11:19 pm

- Limit slots for each country.
- option to remove catalog
- free points when signup

VERY IMPORTANT
- change log, this way we only change the files that changed

cuty

#5 Postby cuty » Apr 24, 2009 6:55 am

ability to send files to to certain file servers would be good.I dont see if it can detect the upload size before upload why it cant detect that the size if Xmb's and then send it a specific server(s).

abboodeh

#6 Postby abboodeh » Apr 24, 2009 7:32 am

real soon? :)
you're hyperactive man :D

ok, here's what's in my mind....

1.rich text format for news
2.add rich text format to send email to users...
3.user page, containing the user basic information and his photo, some links like (send the user a message) (thank the user)---->thanking gives him points (fame)...you know these small things which would make the script more friendly for users not a plain upload and download (if possible)
4. fix the (publish) in 1.4, you can't tick the column and change all files into published...like selecting all files..., see screen shoot:

----later post----
5. add a referral system, if user referred someone, and this someone registered the user will get points,these points could be converted to money...
of course the registration will be per unique IP address, and any extra thought from you to control this will be excellent (if you found this useful)

Giorgi

#7 Postby Giorgi » Apr 24, 2009 8:08 am

• Possibility to create/delete custom user groups
  • Another kind of links, (for example: http://something.com/dasa1da) for download, drop.io currently has these.
  • On links page, give back unique ID for uploaded file, these IDs can be used to check file status, or download file from mobile phone. (wap page will show form, where user can type unique ID and download file on mobile phone)
  • If possible implement progress bars that is currently available in normal version and other scripts of yours (pie chart progress bar, graphic chart progress bar etc.)
  • On download page, show what is included inside uploaded archive (rar or zip) and which files are password protected, mark them with *
  • File queuing for premium users, they can put set amount of files in upload queue and they get uploaded. (each file can be maximum file size)
and it's not feature suggestion, but it would be nice if you issue promo code for some discount, I would like to buy this script for a long time but price really bites me :D

abboodeh

#8 Postby abboodeh » Apr 24, 2009 8:51 am

portugaline wrote: - option to remove catalog
it's already there in the site settings you can remove the catalog...

filehostme

#9 Postby filehostme » Apr 26, 2009 11:22 pm

well you should implement some features.

Please Implement the following:

Mobile PAyments like zong or something on so they can pay via text

And Uptime status so i can know if theres any downtime on the servers.

referrals for the clients that generates the link and it pays them but with an off and on feature and stuff like that, and a better payment and points system more security like ssl or something built in so the users be safe.[/b]

ozmo

#10 Postby ozmo » Apr 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Could you add extra fields under the "Show Advanced Options"?

1. Sender email address
2. Email body content (i.e. comment/description/message).

This sure would be a great help.

Thanks,
ozmo

ankurs

#11 Postby ankurs » Apr 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Mirroring of high downloaded files to multiple servers.

PilgrimX182

#12 Postby PilgrimX182 » Apr 27, 2009 8:35 pm

dotcom wrote:Can we have Geo-targetting ?

The website should be equipped with geo-targeting, this means you can control the following variables depending on where your user's location is:

1. Download speed

2. Wait time

3. Membership prices

4. Design/language

5. Ads they see

...and so much more
The whole idea is fine, but I can't imagine how to configure all these things. Probably I can make a mod to assign servers to specific countries only. Like some servers for EU only, some for US.
- free points when signup
Will be in 1.5. User using affiliate link will gain some free points.
ability to send files to to certain file servers would be good.
Good idea. Maybe will add.
3.user page, containing the user basic information and his photo, some links like (send the user a message) (thank the user)---->thanking gives him points (fame)...you know these small things which would make the script more friendly for users not a plain upload and download (if possible)
Interesting.
4. fix the (publish) in 1.4, you can't tick the column and change all files into published...like selecting all files...
Ok. I think you're right here though it will make interface bit more complex.
5. add a referral system, if user referred someone, and this someone registered the user will get points,these points could be converted to money...
of course the registration will be per unique IP address, and any extra thought from you to control this will be excellent (if you found this useful)
Already done this. But not using unique IP checks since proxies will help hackers anyway. You should use email confirmation & captcha for registration to avoid bots.
it would be nice if you issue promo code for some discount, I would like to buy this script for a long time but price really bites me
If THIS price bites you, you're definately out of this business. Quality servers cost much more per month.
1. Sender email address

Would be great help for spammers. ;)
Mirroring of high downloaded files to multiple servers.
This is tasty feature and I will think bout it. ut just mess up whole logic a bit. Harder to check consistancy, harder to delete file from all servers.

ozmo

#13 Postby ozmo » Apr 27, 2009 11:44 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:
1. Sender email address

Would be great help for spammers. ;)
But what if these fields were only available to Registered and/or Premium members?

abboodeh

#14 Postby abboodeh » Apr 28, 2009 6:08 am

an early question Pilgrim, would upgrading my current to the 1.5 effect the modifications you did to my script? (the points system you created for me) ?

further suggestions:
*Site map
*2 premium level, like rapidshare collector's account....

basiclly, the idea is simple...

users can choose between :
1. premium GOLD (FOR EXAMPLE) pay 7$ a month and get (unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, file stay for ever....etc)

2. premium SILVER (FOR EXAMPLE) pay 3$ (with 50GB storage, unlimted bandwidth, files get deleted automatically after 300 downloads...

the gold will be used for heavy uploaders, the silver for casual uploaders, these people who want to share something execlusive and not interested in sharing....these people who don't upload much...

it might sound useless, but beleive me this will make people register in the silver more because they pay very a price they can't find ANYWHERE!
and site owners will be happy as the silver premium gives the server a break ...

think of it and i'd love to hear what other owners think about this.... :)

dzimi83

#15 Postby dzimi83 » Apr 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Fix the point system. As we talked few weeks ago and you wrote on this forum, the point should be added when the file was downloaded in 100%.
It's need the apache mod_status module to tracking how it's going.