XFileSharing Pro - Call for the XFS Pro 1.6 new features! - Page 2

dzimi83

#16 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 08, 2009 1:35 pm

ankurs wrote:Would suggest to have a plugin system , something like wordpress/vbulletin.

That way you don't need to have real file edits and upgrading version gets much easier.

Sibsoft can generate massive amount of extra cash with offering plugins of all kinds & not hard coded into the script, which makes it bulky. So sites can have just the code which they need & hence are more optimized.

I can wait 2-3months for 1.6 , if such a plugin system is brought in.
I think it is not possible now. Your proposition need to rewrite a lot of code parts and close it to the perl/cgi modules.
I think that PilgrimX182 can do it, or he already doing this on the 2.0 version code tree.

ankurs

#17 Postby ankurs » Jul 08, 2009 1:43 pm

dzimi83 wrote:
ankurs wrote:Would suggest to have a plugin system , something like wordpress/vbulletin.

That way you don't need to have real file edits and upgrading version gets much easier.

Sibsoft can generate massive amount of extra cash with offering plugins of all kinds & not hard coded into the script, which makes it bulky. So sites can have just the code which they need & hence are more optimized.

I can wait 2-3months for 1.6 , if such a plugin system is brought in.
I think it is not possible now. Your proposition need to rewrite a lot of code parts and close it to the perl/cgi modules.
I think that PilgrimX182 can do it, or he already doing this on the 2.0 version code tree.
they just need to put hooks in place ; yah this might need some rewrite of the code

if this can be only done in 2.0 ; then i would say just scrape 1.6 & move towards 2.0 with new features and a flexible code

dzimi83

#18 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 08, 2009 1:52 pm

ankurs wrote: (...)
if this can be only done in 2.0 ; then i would say just scrape 1.6 & move towards 2.0 with new features and a flexible code
Many futures and improvements need to be close/done in the 2.0 (if the 2.0 is planned, such as downloading tracking, add point after download is done, geo targeting, ads geo targeting, etc). I think that he is thinking about that :D

bob-m

#19 Postby bob-m » Jul 08, 2009 3:55 pm

1. megaupload \ hotfile \ netload \ fileflyer leech
2. Traffic share - like here http://rapidshare.com/faq5.html
3. add mp3\dvix player by point
4. add more leech per day by point or money
5. Premium gold and silver
6. add more speed by point
7. buy point by money
8. pay with plimus
9. remove ads by point
10. buy support download accelerators by point
11. email to webmaster before the disk space is over
12. buy Anti-Virus protection by point

PilgrimX182

#20 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jul 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Allright, it's time to answer you guys :)
1. Embedded codes for mp3 files
Embed code for external sites? Possible but beware, this usually eats lotta BW.

Code: Select all

2. Better url structure for direct link images, something like tinypic does.
Tinypic have: http://i26.tinypic.com/20tm8fb.jpg
Now we have: http://upload-pro.com/i/00002/lazdcccf8oye.jpg
We need i to specify images folder in htdocs, 00002 is subfolder to avoid files overcrowd in one folder, lazdcccf8oye is unique file_code.
Possible solution is to create subfolders using first 2 letters:
http://upload-pro.com/l/a/zdcccf8oye.jpg
or use mod_rewrite logic and use just
http://upload-pro.com/lazdcccf8oye.jpg
The downside of this solution is 36*36=1296 subfolders which I don't personally like.
Or we can use file_id instead of file_code:
http://upload-pro.com/2-10402.jpg
which will be rewritten to htdocs/i/2/10402.jpg
PS: note that originally XFS is not image but filehosting after all.
3. Better system for bonus points :
geoip based points
1ip adds 2-3point a day can b controlled from admin panel, reduces overall fraud
GeoIP mod is in my TODO list. Probably will do it Country-Size matrix or just Country related.
Max points per day from one IP is interesting and very smart, thanks! Cause same user won't click banners each time he download anyway.
4. Getting rid of Support for download accelerators for non-premium users.
I guess this is reachable with dl.cgi now.
5. FTP support for premium members , something like hotfile/netload
FTP server is bit complicated to tune cause of permissions shit, but possible. Will be like this: each user will have FTP address like:
ftp://login:[email protected]
then if file was uploaded and not modified for 5 mins we move it to My Files. Resume/Delete of partially uploaded files is allowed. No folders allowed.
6. Add more payment processors
Wanna add at least moneybookers.
7. Add payment info field on register page. http://hotfile.com/register.html
Good idea.
Short URL service embedding: when someone uploads file, generated link will be like: somesite.com/ada21ae
Possible, but need to figure out if it's username or not somehow to detect if it's Public user folder or short URL.

Code: Select all

If uploaded archive file is password protected show this on download page (print: "Password protected" or something)
If archive is not protected show it's contents on download page
Maybe will create new mod for this.
Also please put a stable release out, with all testing done & a upgrade script too both from 1.4 & 1.5 . That would help lot of existing customers.
Current release is pretty stable now.
Oh, fix the export links, their are sorted useing SQL id, should be sorted by name
Ok
nice idea that the site accept any file size then split it into parts depends on size limit for the user that uploaded the file like badongo now when you upload 400mb file is split it into two parts
yea, probably will do some code to split into archives, join archives into one file.

dollarek

#21 Postby dollarek » Jul 08, 2009 7:50 pm

set maximum points per day. for example so it is only possible to get max 50 points per day

ankurs

#22 Postby ankurs » Jul 09, 2009 5:11 am

Embed code for external sites? Possible but beware, this usually eats lotta BW.
transcode them to 48k aac and you have very small amount of bw needed

Or we can use file_id instead of file_code:
http://upload-pro.com/2-10402.jpg
which will be rewritten to htdocs/i/2/10402.jpg
PS: note that originally XFS is not image but filehosting after all.
This approach sounds better.

yah how about allocating a image server ? i.e. on server page we can have a tickmark , so only that server is used for image uploads

GeoIP mod is in my TODO list. Probably will do it Country-Size matrix or just Country related.
Max points per day from one IP is interesting and very smart, thanks! Cause same user won't click banners each time he download anyway.
you can use ip2location module, http://www.ip2location.com/perl.aspx & integrate that ; also such that ips are updated once a week by cronjob.
I guess this is reachable with dl.cgi now.
is this avail in ngnix ver. too ?
FTP server is bit complicated to tune cause of permissions shit, but possible. Will be like this: each user will have FTP address like:
ftp://login:[email protected]
then if file was uploaded and not modified for 5 mins we move it to My Files. Resume/Delete of partially uploaded files is allowed. No folders allowed.
use glftpd, it has database support and can to tons of things
Wanna add at least moneybookers.
Authorize.net , CCBill, Worldpay, NOCHEX

Also any comment on plugin system & a new admin control panel, if it will be ever taken into consideration ?

PilgrimX182

#23 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jul 09, 2009 7:00 am

transcode them to 48k aac and you have very small amount of bw needed
This requires special tools installed on server, not for official product.
use glftpd, it has database support and can to tons of things
1. We do not have database on FileServer :)
2. glftpd latest release: 2005-12-25
proftpd latest release: 30/Jun/2009
is this avail in ngnix ver. too ?
nginx mods are all custom ones, email me for detailed info.
you can use ip2location module, http://www.ip2location.com/perl.aspx & integrate that ; also such that ips are updated once a week by cronjob.
I know exaclty what I can use. This one you offered have paid databases, not cool, eh?
yah how about allocating a image server ? i.e. on server page we can have a tickmark , so only that server is used for image uploads
Possible, but then need distinct upload form for images? Won't this make layout much complicated?

ankurs

#24 Postby ankurs » Jul 09, 2009 7:55 am

glftpd can virtually connect to multiple file servers, not sure if proftpd can do that

ya its not updated for a long time

I know exaclty what I can use. This one you offered have paid databases, not cool, eh?
i hope that database is updated regularly and accurate like the paid one :)
Possible, but then need distinct upload form for images? Won't this make layout much complicated?
not to separate the upload form, but on the backend script will send the image files to those image servers instead of randomly sending to any server

dzimi83

#25 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 09, 2009 9:25 am

ankurs wrote:
glftpd can virtually connect to multiple file servers, not sure if proftpd can do that
ya its not updated for a long time

yyy... it is strong stable and secure (latest relase is from 2005 ) or... their dropped this project and moved to the proftpd ;)

dzimi83

#26 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 11, 2009 8:53 am

PilgrimX182 wrote:Allright, it's time to answer you guys :)
(...)
8. Hmm, i think that the new area in admin area should be added for pasting abuse links. 99% copyrighted owners do not clicking on the "report abuse" link. They just copy&paste links from forums and sending to the site owners.
Manually deleting is annoing when more than one user storing the same material. Such as Transformers_Revenge_of_the_Fallen__2009. More than 5 users have this stuff, but only one notice come from Paramount. I have had to found who has this files (using file_code from URL and match in SQL database) and delete by hand.

npapagiannis

#27 Postby npapagiannis » Jul 11, 2009 2:59 pm

a better payout system like if one customer have a premium acc and share his files and one of the new customers buy a premium over his ref link then he become 50% of the money ore 40 ore 30 or else

this payout system have freakshare.net and shragle.net

zserbon

new functions

#28 Postby zserbon » Jul 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi!

It would be great to implement a movie addon to the site: the uploaded movie (like xvid, divx) should be converted to flash or h264 videos (like zshare, megavideo, novamov), so on the download page they can choose: download the full quality video or watch the flash video (which saves bandwidth).

This mod would make great popularity for sites using this script.

Also i think there should be some notes when divx mod is working (like the free download button changes to free download/or stream), because a lot of visitors just leave the site, because they don't know that after 1-2 clicking they can watch the movie , not just download.

hscorp

#29 Postby hscorp » Jul 16, 2009 8:08 am

Moderators to moderate new uploads and abuse reports and comments

this is important large sites can't be moderated by only one person (admin) and i don't trust anyone to give it administration access.

ankurs

#30 Postby ankurs » Jul 16, 2009 8:48 am

hscorp wrote:Moderators to moderate new uploads and abuse reports and comments

this is important large sites can't be moderated by only one person (admin) and i don't trust anyone to give it administration access.
Yes , this should be added.

Give moderators a option to soft delete files; admins can prem. delete if they want.