XFileSharing Pro - Call for the XFS Pro 1.6 new features!

PilgrimX182

Call for the XFS Pro 1.6 new features!

#1 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jun 30, 2009 5:59 am

Put your ideas for the next version here.

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Jun 30, 2009 6:38 am

1. Embedded codes for mp3 files
2. Better url structure for direct link images, something like tinypic does.
3. Better system for bonus points :
  • geoip based points
    1ip adds 2-3point a day can b controlled from admin panel, reduces overall fraud
4. Getting rid of Support for download accelerators for non-premium users.
5. FTP support for premium members , something like hotfile/netload

Code: Select all

How to upload with FTP?
ftp.hotfile.com
user: your hotfile username
pass: your hotfile password
You can upload and make folders, but cant rename,move files 
6. Add more payment processors
7. Add payment info field on register page. http://hotfile.com/register.html

phew!

these are some of the features i could suggest for now :p

dzimi83

#3 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 01, 2009 11:02 pm

ankurs wrote: 5. FTP support for premium members , something like hotfile/netload

How to upload with FTP?
ftp.hotfile.com
user: your hotfile username
pass: your hotfile password
You can upload and make folders, but cant rename,move files 
This should be trivial in the way how does the netload did. I was start thinking about it few weeks ago and have some idea:

- FTP should be on the dedicate box
- FTP should have the cgi/php wrappers for the manage like netload has: create links, delete, etc

CGI/php code should upload files using curl to the main site, read URLs and show it. After that the files from FTP should be deleted automaticly.

The hotfile way - I think is not possible now, but the PilgrimX182 has the end word, he is the main script engenering. In my opinion - it's not.

Giorgi

#4 Postby Giorgi » Jul 02, 2009 8:24 pm

I would like to again suggest:

Short URL service embedding: when someone uploads file, generated link will be like:

somesite.com/ada21ae

http://www.drop.io has this.

Giorgi

#5 Postby Giorgi » Jul 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Another two options:
  • If uploaded archive file is password protected show this on download page (print: "Password protected" or something)
  • If archive is not protected show it's contents on download page

snapongo

#6 Postby snapongo » Jul 03, 2009 6:46 pm

I suggest looking at this other file hosting script Admin section and adding all features which are not already implemented into xfilesharingpro, they implement many great features, suh as GEOIP tracking for points (a MUST feature) and more control on several aspect of the system. Check all sections you will have a better idea.

http://yabsoft.info/demo/mfhs/admin/

login: demo
pass: demo

as well, a NICER admin area would definitely be good. For now it is only text links with everything layed out on the screen with no formatting etc... Would be good to have a nice admin section.

As well, when do you think a new version 1.6 will be scheduled to come out??

thanks

ankurs

#7 Postby ankurs » Jul 04, 2009 9:25 am

^^ yes a new admin control panel should be made

PilgrimX182, can you comment on the posts/suggestions made so far & also what is the target release date your looking for

Also please put a stable release out, with all testing done & a upgrade script too both from 1.4 & 1.5 . That would help lot of existing customers.

niebiesky

#8 Postby niebiesky » Jul 06, 2009 1:13 pm

I am very interested in this mod that pic was the same as tinypic. I would like to purchase one at the Pro version only image hosting.

dzimi83

#9 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Some uploaders asked me for the Security Lock. I think It might be usefull.

dzimi83

#10 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Oh, fix the export links, their are sorted useing SQL id, should be sorted by name (close to the *.part{1..999}.{zip,rar} or sth like that).

dzimi83

#11 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 07, 2009 4:45 pm

One another think:

Add the FS server checks when the user trying to upload file. I mean, check the FS before set in on the main page. When no one FileServer respond - write the fail message. Why ? Well.. few times I have had the USB disks error on the FS and the system got:

Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 78086658
 lost page write due to I/O error on sdb1

And the setting up OFF from the manager got Errors on the FS, so.. the check call should cheks all possibilities (like the manager add/edit/delete option do).
This might be usefull to save website from errors.
Oh, option should send the raport to the FS owner too (and the option in the admin zone should be for enable/disable raporting future).

hscorp

#12 Postby hscorp » Jul 07, 2009 6:04 pm

nice idea that the site accept any file size then split it into parts depends on size limit for the user that uploaded the file

like badongo now when you upload 400mb file is split it into two parts

regards.

dzimi83

#13 Postby dzimi83 » Jul 07, 2009 6:48 pm

hscorp wrote:nice idea that the site accept any file size then split it into parts depends on size limit for the user that uploaded the file

regards.
Hmm... I think this is not good idea... let give your users to create part archive, because creating rar or zip archives on the FS side might do the high load on the FS side.[/i]

hscorp

#14 Postby hscorp » Jul 07, 2009 6:53 pm

dzimi83 wrote:
hscorp wrote:nice idea that the site accept any file size then split it into parts depends on size limit for the user that uploaded the file

regards.
Hmm... I think this is not good idea... let give your users to create part archive, because creating rar or zip archives on the FS side might do the high load on the FS side.[/i]
i didn't say archive it into rar or zip i said split so it wont make load on the server and also PilgrimX182 can make option to close or open this feature so if it made load on your server close it but if not let it opened

ankurs

#15 Postby ankurs » Jul 08, 2009 5:53 am

Would suggest to have a plugin system , something like wordpress/vbulletin.

That way you don't need to have real file edits and upgrading version gets much easier.

Sibsoft can generate massive amount of extra cash with offering plugins of all kinds & not hard coded into the script, which makes it bulky. So sites can have just the code which they need & hence are more optimized.

I can wait 2-3months for 1.6 , if such a plugin system is brought in.