XFileSharing Pro - Can two domains point to one script?

RPMillar

Can two domains point to one script?

#1 Postby RPMillar » Aug 04, 2010 3:53 pm

I'd like to know if two domains can point to a single script.

My aim is to have one domain point to file sharing pages in English, and another domain point to file sharing pages in Japanese.

Is it possible to have one instance of the Xfilesharing script on one dedicated server and accomplish this? I'm really at a loss as to where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

RPMillar

Re: Can two domains point to one script?

#2 Postby RPMillar » Aug 05, 2010 9:40 am

Can anybody help me with this?

I really want a Japanese site for file sharing plus an English site for file sharing buy I don't want to have to buy 2 Xfilesharing scripts...

Help!

RM

RPMillar wrote:I'd like to know if two domains can point to a single script.

My aim is to have one domain point to file sharing pages in English, and another domain point to file sharing pages in Japanese.

Is it possible to have one instance of the Xfilesharing script on one dedicated server and accomplish this? I'm really at a loss as to where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

ankurs

Re: Can two domains point to one script?

#3 Postby ankurs » Aug 05, 2010 10:09 am

it can be used only on one domain, you will need to buy 2nd license to use on another domain

admin
Site Admin

#4 Postby admin » Aug 05, 2010 11:10 am

You can't run one script on 2 different domain names.

mastypk

#5 Postby mastypk » Aug 05, 2010 12:12 pm

I think, if you are redirecting, then you can. As you are not installing on new domain, just redirect your domain to your existing domain/installation shouldn't have any problem.

RPMillar

#6 Postby RPMillar » Aug 05, 2010 12:55 pm

mastypk wrote:I think, if you are redirecting, then you can. As you are not installing on new domain, just redirect your domain to your existing domain/installation shouldn't have any problem.
Yes, mastypk, that makes sense! I can register 2 domain names and have the 1st re-direct to the 2nd. Or even have both of them re-direct to a 3rd. You're a genius!

Now, the next question is, given that I need a Japanese site for file sharing plus an English site for file sharing, is there a way to have the script "recognise" the re-direct and then show in a particular language? In fact, do any triggers at all exist that will have the script show in a particular language?

Perhaps I need to have some custom code written for this. I'm just guessing, though... I'm so in over my head...

Thanks,

RM

admin
Site Admin

#7 Postby admin » Aug 07, 2010 6:14 pm

If user's default locale will be Japanese - script will automatically choose japanese languge for that user.

RPMillar

#8 Postby RPMillar » Aug 07, 2010 9:51 pm

admin wrote:If user's default locale will be Japanese - script will automatically choose japanese languge for that user.
Really? That's great news.

Can I ask, though, is there any way to force the script to appear in a given language?

Thanks and Regards,

Robert