XFileSharing Pro - Change of time

intertrey

Change of time

#1 Postby intertrey » Mar 31, 2013 11:53 am

Tonight a very big trouble was happened to us. After the change to summer time our files suddenly began to disappear from our servers. Now our servers are almost empty and our business seems to be ruined. Did somebody get the same trouble tonight? What could be the reason for this technical troubles?

bizman

#2 Postby bizman » Mar 31, 2013 12:05 pm

There could be many reasons. I dont think its because of the server time. Did you checked if there is any problem with HDD? Or maybe someone got access to your site and deleted all files? For that check logs.

intertrey

#3 Postby intertrey » Mar 31, 2013 12:44 pm

I asked my coder about and he told me that he already knows the troubles like this.There are no problems with HDD (already tested) because the files are disapearing from ALL servers to the same time (we have several servers)
You are right. It was also my own guess about unauthorised access to our servers via admin panel. But I was wrong. We changed all passes to can be sure nobody can access to our servers again. After it was done, we have deactivated the cron script and began to restore the files from our old backup but the files did not stop to disappear!

bizman

#4 Postby bizman » Mar 31, 2013 1:19 pm

When there is access to server attacker can backdoor it, only to change password wont help. Better you reinstall all, and then restore with backup.

I never heard files getting deleted because of time change. Maybe someone else can explain it?

Best Regards