XFileSharing Pro - changed upload system

PowerChaos

changed upload system

#1 Postby PowerChaos » Jun 08, 2010 11:47 pm

hi,
i was wondering if it was possible to get the old upload system back ?? like the system that is used for the free version ??

as the new upload system got only 1 bar that is going on , and the older versions got a better bar (seems a lot nicer)

is it possible to get the old bar back ?? (full stats)

if possible , please let me know by email or by a reply

Thank you
Greetings From PowerChaos

mastypk

#2 Postby mastypk » Jun 09, 2010 6:58 pm

I want to know the very same

admin
Site Admin

#3 Postby admin » Jun 10, 2010 2:05 pm

In theory - yes, but we wouldn't recommend to do that.
Since more info in progress bar means more data transferred from server to client and more chances to stuck (or cause server load).

PowerChaos

#4 Postby PowerChaos » Jun 10, 2010 2:48 pm

basicly your right
more traffic and stuff

but the thing i liked about that status was that it shows me the live traffic and average speed in a grapic
so you can see that it is still uploading

at the script we got now you cant see it , it says average of X but it refresh every XX seconds (not live )

if you upload more then 1 file then it does strange to
it give only 1 upload progress of all the files , not file per file like the other script does

it are a few things i loved about the old upload system

so my question
is it possible to use both systems ? or is it a totaly change of the system ??

i mean with it , is it easy to replace the new uploader by the old 1 ? or is it kinda harder then it seems like

Thank you

PowerChaos

#5 Postby PowerChaos » Jun 13, 2010 11:26 am

sorry for bump , but i am still looking to know if it is possible to get the old system back as a mod or so ?

i dont know if it is hard work to get that done or that it is easy to get it done

if i am not wrong to , the old upload system letted me to upload files of 700 mb with out problem , when the new system crash when you try to upload 700 mb (atleast for me , it fails at 20 mb , so it is not the time out) , it is not confirmed by other users of my site, but for me it is atleast

waiting on your answer :D

Thank you