XFileSharing Pro - Clarification needed regarding Max file downloads

webmaster007

Clarification needed regarding Max file downloads

#1 Postby webmaster007 » Jun 16, 2009 5:08 am

Hi,
I just need some clarifications for Max file downloads options in the admin settings.

Max file downloads : Is this value per day or per hour ? Is there any option to edit the message being displayed to the user if the max download has been reached ?

Also is this limit for a single file or for total number of files that can be downloaded in a period of time ?

Thank you

Regards

admin
Site Admin

Re: Clarification needed regarding Max file downloads

#2 Postby admin » Jun 16, 2009 8:15 am

webmaster007 wrote:Hi,
I just need some clarifications for Max file downloads options in the admin settings.

Max file downloads : Is this value per day or per hour ? Is there any option to edit the message being displayed to the user if the max download has been reached ?

Also is this limit for a single file or for total number of files that can be downloaded in a period of time ?

Thank you

Regards
Hello,

"Max file downloads" it's limit (lifetime) for single file uploaded by specific user type (anon, registered, premium). In other words: "How many times file could be downloaded".

You can edit this message in index.cgi

webmaster007

#3 Postby webmaster007 » Jun 16, 2009 9:36 am

Thank you for clearing that. But i am still little confused. Lets consider the following scenario. If a annoy user uploads a file and the max file downloads for annoy is set at 100, that means that the file can only be downloaded 100 times ever by anyone (regardless of them being annoy, reg or prem) ?

If thats correct, then if the number of downloads has reached 100, what will happen if a premium user tries to download the file, will he also get the same max download limit message or will he be able to download it ?

admin
Site Admin

#4 Postby admin » Jun 17, 2009 5:08 am

webmaster007 wrote:Thank you for clearing that. But i am still little confused. Lets consider the following scenario. If a annoy user uploads a file and the max file downloads for annoy is set at 100, that means that the file can only be downloaded 100 times ever by anyone (regardless of them being annoy, reg or prem) ?

If thats correct, then if the number of downloads has reached 100, what will happen if a premium user tries to download the file, will he also get the same max download limit message or will he be able to download it ?
When number of downloads will reach 100, no one will be able to download it.

abboodeh

#5 Postby abboodeh » Jun 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Rapidshare used this method before 2 years i guess...

they had the same option for daily basis for free users.