CommuniMail - Communimail and Gmail

joelozito

Communimail and Gmail

#1 Postby joelozito » Oct 19, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to send out my first CommuniMail mailing. I'm testing on a variety of email clients (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc). The mailing seems to be working fine on all platforms except Gmail. For some reason, Gmail only receives the text-based version, while all the other clients receive the HTML content.

I have gotten other HTML emails in Gmail, so I'm not sure why this isn't working.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe

admin
Site Admin

Re: Communimail and Gmail

#2 Postby admin » Oct 22, 2007 7:20 am

joelozito wrote:Hi all,

I'm getting ready to send out my first CommuniMail mailing. I'm testing on a variety of email clients (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc). The mailing seems to be working fine on all platforms except Gmail. For some reason, Gmail only receives the text-based version, while all the other clients receive the HTML content.

I have gotten other HTML emails in Gmail, so I'm not sure why this isn't working.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe

Hello

Most of web mail system (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc) prefer to display text part of email message, rather than HTML part. Because of security reasons - plain text message will not contain any unwanted javascript code, images, etc. You can leave text part blank (while composing message), then web mail will show HTML content.

Hope that will help you.
Thanks

joelozito

#3 Postby joelozito » Oct 22, 2007 12:09 pm

Thanks for the reply. I had tried leaving the text part blank, but the gmail email just showed up blank as well. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

admin
Site Admin

#4 Postby admin » Oct 22, 2007 12:13 pm

joelozito wrote:Thanks for the reply. I had tried leaving the text part blank, but the gmail email just showed up blank as well. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe
You should leave it absolutely blank. No spaces, nothing at all. Then text part will be excluded from message. Also, when did you get Communimail install package? If it's quite old (>4 months), then there was fix for that.

raylutz

I think the problem is deeper.

#5 Postby raylutz » Oct 27, 2007 4:21 am

Hi:
I use Thunderbird to view mail and for many such mailings I receive, the HTML is displayed. When I view the source of those mailings, I notice that there is BOTH the text and HTML versions in the email. So, it works appropriately for those mailings.

However, when I use your system to create both the text and HTML verions, when I view it with Thunderbird, only the TEXT version is displayed. Sure, I can get it to use HTML if I supply no text, but that defeats the purpose.

There is something wrong with the dual-format emails that are constructed.