XFileSharing Pro - Description, keywords and title

jeyul

Description, keywords and title

#1 Postby jeyul » Nov 19, 2009 8:06 pm

I have a problem: i do not understand why the filename doesn't appear neither in the description nor keywords nor even in the title. Is this an error or a setting? I had a very busy day redesigning my website because of the upgrade.

Also I would want to know how to make a "remember me" function ( by checking ) for the users, and how to make a variable of the username for me to show something like "Welcome back USER" on the main.html template. I still do not know how to use or where to edit tha paging. Also I would want to know how can I change the ?op= reffering addres to some custom one so I can prevent eventual hacking with the system. I managed to do this with my old version.

Another problem has occured : users are complaining that the old file links like site/username/filecode.html are not working. Can you fix this too?

P.S.: What do you guys think of it? - www.fhosting.ro
Last edited by jeyul on Nov 20, 2009 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeyul

#2 Postby jeyul » Nov 20, 2009 4:27 am

I always got a reply to my questions. If you bought the script you should send an email to support [ at ] sibsoft.net and you will get help really fast.

saveurfiles.com

#3 Postby saveurfiles.com » Nov 20, 2009 6:58 pm

jeyul wrote:I always got a reply to my questions. If you bought the script you should send an email to support [ at ] sibsoft.net and you will get help really fast.
i sent them emails, unfortunately no asnwer

jeyul

#4 Postby jeyul » Dec 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Up ?

jeyul

#5 Postby jeyul » Dec 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Still no answer?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Description, keywords and title

#6 Postby admin » Dec 03, 2009 1:04 pm

About filename/description problem
Looks like you customized templates wrong and lost title and description from header.

About paging
You can change paging style in CSS (main.css)

About ?op=
What's wrong with it?

About URLs
Example?

[/b]

jeyul

#7 Postby jeyul » Dec 03, 2009 2:47 pm

About the filename: I did nothing wrong. Check your own site so you can see : http://upload-pro.com/hvj7fdb5xkek/smime3.dll.html and http://upload-pro.com/hvj7fdb5xkek

About the ?op: I want to change it into something unique like ?lp, ?ru or anything I want so it won't be the same. What I really want are friendly urls without any ?op in theme maybe redirected by .htaccess

About the urls: in the old version of mine (1.1) the links were like this: www.site.com/username/filename.html and these urls remain posted on the websites/blogs/forums and the visitors get a "File not found error (deleted)" because of the "username" in the url.

jeyul

#8 Postby jeyul » Dec 05, 2009 8:46 am

Also, my news_last html file has only <div></div> and in the main it doesn't show at all.

Also I have a question: what is ip2files table in mysql? On my database it has almost 100mb and I think that because of this, mysql uses a lot of cpu.

jeyul

#9 Postby jeyul » Dec 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Come on ... is there really nobody that can fix these bugs?

PilgrimX182

#10 Postby PilgrimX182 » Dec 07, 2009 9:18 am

Filename in Title fix: in index.cgi find

Code: Select all

$fname=~s/[_\.-]+/ /g;
and add above:

$fname=$file->{file_name};
Make sure news_last.html is chmod 666 = writable

IP2Files tables keeps unique IP-File pairs = unique downloads. No wonder it became bit huge. You can manually clean old records from there or put this line into cron.pl to clean them automatically:

$db->Exec("DELETE FROM IP2Files WHERE created<NOW()-INTERVAL 7 DAY");
this will remove all records older than 7 days.

About ?op=XXX - I agree that my_files.html will looks better than ?op=my_files, but what about rewriting URLs like this:

?fld_id=3&op=my_files&sort_field=file_size&sort_order=down
- this is sorting files by size in subfolder.

jeyul

#11 Postby jeyul » Dec 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks for the reply pilgrim :D . Welcome back ! :) As I said ... in the old version I had I managed to change the "op" part into "page" because I thought it looked better :) and I would want to change it now too. I guess it's not to hard.

Did the thing with de IP2files thing but still 90MB of size