XFileSharing Pro - DMCA

saturnian

DMCA

#1 Postby saturnian » Feb 11, 2010 12:38 pm

How do you think is it good idea to have a special automated contact form for abuse emails?

For example, abuser adds links in special fields of this form, and they become "frozen" until moderation when he sends this form. So he becomes satisfied instantly even if you are sleeping. And probably he has no need to contact hoster because files are already unavailable for downloading until you response him about files deletion.

Probably this form could be abused by sending unreasonable abuses. But for example, if it possible to send 3 emails through this form and stop some reasonable number of files to be shared, then real abuser will be satisfied.

After 3 emails from one ip form could show some message like this.
"You are welcome to send more emails through this form but we can't stop these files to be shared instantly. Wait for response, all your abuse emails are in queue."

How do you think is it good idea? Is it possible to add such feature in next version?

saturnian

#2 Postby saturnian » Feb 11, 2010 1:02 pm

I have uploaded some .jpg file at demo site http://www.upload-pro.com/
Than I send abuse form on this file from its page. And there was 500 error after clicking on send button.

Probably it would be better to send response to that email that file is in queue.

And what do you think about additional feature? Abused file from its page also become "frozen" instantly until moderation as from special abuse contact form.

Hendrickson

#3 Postby Hendrickson » Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Its a good idea, we also need to stop the false report this file..Its quite a pain too many idiots type the captcha code in the report this file box.....10-20 emails a day with false abuse reports

saturnian

#4 Postby saturnian » Feb 11, 2010 9:24 pm

For me it's theory question because I'm only starting new site with XFileSharing Pro.

So if you get so many false reports, I think that my idea is not really good.

But do you really sure that they are all human? May be it's spam bot with captcha recognition.

It is better to use unique antispam system. I think it would be great to ask user unique simple questions that could be added in admin panel with their answers.

PowerChaos

#5 Postby PowerChaos » Feb 14, 2010 9:20 am

Hendrickson wrote:Its a good idea, we also need to stop the false report this file..Its quite a pain too many idiots type the captcha code in the report this file box.....10-20 emails a day with false abuse reports
well , i simple fixed it with changing the min req chars to make a post

instead 5 i putted it to 50 so they dont spamm me that hard now :D

and if they still want to send spamm then they get banned from my server so they dont do it again o.O

here is the code

Code: Select all

<Script type="text/javascript">
function CheckForm(f)
{
    var err=new Array();
    if(f.name.value=='')err.push("Your name required");
    if( !f.email.value.match(/^([a-zA-Z0-9_\.\-])+\@(([a-zA-Z0-9\-])+\.)+([a-zA-Z0-9]{2,4})+$/) )err.push("Valid e-mail required");
    if(f.message.value.length<50)err.push("Info is under 50 chars , please try again");
    if(err.length>0){alert(err.join('\n'));return false;}
    return true;
}
</Script>
you can find it in the file called
report_file.html

Greets From PowerChaos

Hendrickson

#6 Postby Hendrickson » Feb 14, 2010 10:29 am

Great idea! This should cut down on the spam messages.

Edit: I just got a rebort spam now thats over 50 char's

aesribgusfghsafosairfhsarfhasnfuhafnpiawurfbnarugharguibhaugabhfuipuesfweafw4fgerfwe4afwaferfefwerferfcreaahg
User IP bans coming into effect now.