XFileSharing Pro - Download counter

Oswaldt

Download counter

#1 Postby Oswaldt » Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Hey

I have one user who uses hulkshare AND vaultshare for testing purposes.

He uploaded a file to both our file hosts.

His site is very visited (flowhot.net)....

With hulkshare (and with usershare) one single files gets over 1000 downloads

However, with my file host, it doesn't go over 310 downloads.

Hulkshare runs a previous version of xfilesharing pro... was there any changes made regarding the way downloads are counted?

Help,

thanks

PowerChaos

#2 Postby PowerChaos » Jun 10, 2010 12:38 am

if i am not wrong
there is a change in how downloads are counted

clicking the link does not count as a download , completing a download should count as 1 download (so aboring counts not as a download)

but i guess that the previus version counts how many times there is clicked on a link
and the new version only counts if you click the download button

to give a example

on old version
if you click or go to the link , then it counts as a download (click on free user = 1 download) when you dint even started the download

new version = count the download from the moment you start to make a conection (as if i click on generate link that it still doesnt count as a download)

or that it start to count a download when you click on generate link

eather how , there is a difference in the place where it start to count (if i am not wrong )

if i am wrong , then your site is just less visited ^^

still the strange part that i figured out is
when i generate my download link , i download it and i press the back button then it dint counted as a download o.O

Greetings From PowerChaos

admin
Site Admin

#3 Postby admin » Jun 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Actually, there was no changes in download counting. It's counting when user generate link for download.

The difference could be in image mod. For images, if "no download button" selected - every image view counted as download. The same for mp3 and for videos.