CommuniMail - Editing Forms and etc...

brohendesign

Editing Forms and etc...

#1 Postby brohendesign » Feb 17, 2007 8:14 am

I have been able to install the program and make my lists and other items, but I wanted to ask some questions:

1.) I made a form, renamed the Email 2 to Confirm Email, and then previewed the form, but the Confirm Email moved up about 1/4 inches above the text box. So, I went into the templates folder and edited the file Signup-Extended.html with a text editing prog, but when I went back to create a new form, nothing had changed. How can this be done in the easiest manner, or how can we customize these forms to fit our web site styles? Everything I know how to do as a webmaster and developer has not worked thus far.

2.) Does this CommuniMail software contain any means of security like being able to confirm certain fields? I see that it can check a domain, but can it check to make sure that the email addresses are correct and that certain fields are required. Also, if a field is required and someone doesn't fill in the data to that field, will it still send the "data" to the database, or will it instead give the user a warning/error message and have them hit a back button to enter the correct information?

3.) When making a message to send out to a certain group, how do we state which group we want this message to go to? I created a message template, wen to the send message page, and created a new campaign. But not once did it ask me who I want to send this message to. How can this be fixed because I want to test it out before I place it up onlind permanently?

Thanks for your help ahead of time. I look forward to any replies.

Brohendesign
Last edited by brohendesign on Feb 17, 2007 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

brohendesign

Reply to..

#2 Postby brohendesign » Feb 17, 2007 8:35 am

Ok...I found the portion from question 3 about the group it goes to, I found the list at the very top of the form. I created a new message and it went out...and I received it! That's awesome! Ok...but I have another question that stems from this great find:

How can I attach documents such as PDF or WORD to these messages that go out. For example: Our newsletters are published via Adobe PDF. This is the only official documents that we are allowed to produce. So, for our subscribers to receive the newsletters, how can I attach our newsletters to these messages? Or, just by chance, would anyone know the best method for distributing a newsletter that has been published in PDF? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brohendesign

donb01

#3 Postby donb01 » Feb 19, 2007 4:46 pm

Things I *can* tell you are that the document you are probably editing with a text editor is the default document. The program makes a copy of that default document every time you create a new one, and that copy is stored in the SQL database. You need to edit it within the communimail system. The same goes for all of your other information, possibly excepting some of the mailing confirmation documents and things.

You can also try burying the following into your HTML document - I know of no equivalent to do an include in a text message, but I'm sure there is a way is you research it enough. If you do this, you need to include both lines, because one is for IE type clients like outlook, and the other is for netscape type clients. I have never tried these in mail, so I cannot guarantee they will work. In order to do this you would have to be able to FTP the actual newsletter file into the root directory of your webspace, or somewhere else accessible. The code allows someone to view a PDF file directly in the web browser rather than having to download it first. Try it, but your results may vary....

<ILAYER src="http://www.cccshows.Borg/IceShanty.pdf" height=1050 width=600></ILAYER>

<IFRAME src="http://www.cccshows.Borg/IceShanty.pdf" height=1050 width=600 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no frameborder=0 border=0></IFRAME>

Hopefully this forum software is not threatened by the code and edits it, and hopefully my bogusing up the website keeps it from displaying the document rather than the code.

donb01

#4 Postby donb01 » Feb 20, 2007 1:29 am

I tried it in regular E-mail and it doesn't work. I don't know if it will work in the communimail either....

brohendesign

Additions Comments

#5 Postby brohendesign » Feb 22, 2007 5:17 am

I tried it in CommuniMail and it worked, but when you create a new campaign, put in the code, and hit Save/Preview, it will automatically try to download the document and will not complete the form to hit Done. Well, at least we know that it works now....somewhat.

Thanks for the help on this issue and for making such a good product.