XUpload - Email contents of post.cgi without displaying it.

kevvo

Email contents of post.cgi without displaying it.

#1 Postby kevvo » Feb 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi, I'm new to XUpload.

I have installed the scripts and things are working perfectly.
However, I would like the contents of the post.cgi after each upload to be emailed to me, but I don't want the contents displayed. In other words, is it possible to change the redirect URL to a sort of "Thanks for uploading" page but have the post details sent to my email address?

Many thanks for your help.

Kevin

kevvo

#2 Postby kevvo » Feb 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Sorry for my ignorance, but also, what do i need to modify to change the size of the 'comment' box on the upload form and how do i add another 2 fields for name and email address to this upload form?

I know this is all basic, but I am new to all this.

Thanks,

Kev

kevvo

#3 Postby kevvo » Feb 29, 2008 6:16 pm

Ok, I have now purchased XUpload 3.0 and it has solved most of the problems.

Now all I need to do is find out why the upload status bar stops after about 2 seconds (about 8 or 9% finished) and then hangs till the download is finished. It did not do this on the free version.

Plus how do I get it do re-direct after download has finished as this parameter seems to be missing in the config file (unlike the free version)

Thanks,

Kev

kevvo

#4 Postby kevvo » Mar 02, 2008 7:00 pm

Did the quick hack for IE7 and this has now been resolved.

Two final problems.

First when I try to use different templates (hitech for example) and change this in the upload_form. html it just stops working. Can anyone tell me how this is done?

And second, after an upload, my frames page seems to disappear and I have hyperlink issues.

How can I refresh my main frames page once uploading has completed? I no longer use the post redirect. I just want a normal redirect which gives me back my frames page.

Kevin

PilgrimX182

#5 Postby PilgrimX182 » Mar 03, 2008 8:53 am

For redirect instead of POST use same url_post field in config but specify there URL ending with .htm or .html

Comment this line in hitech.html to make it work

Code: Select all

<Script>SetUpSettings();</Script>