XFileSharing Pro - Error when logging in - XFileSharing Pro version 3.3

Bassel

Error when logging in - XFileSharing Pro version 3.3

#1 Postby Bassel » Mar 05, 2022 10:25 am

After doing a fresh install, i can only access the landing page, but when ever i log in as Admin or USER i get an error ID saying something went wrong, however users can register, but same thing happens when they try logging in.

menime

Re: Error when logging in - XFileSharing Pro version 3.3

#2 Postby menime » Mar 20, 2022 1:40 am

hello
did you find a solution ?

johnnybeerock

#3 Postby johnnybeerock » Mar 20, 2022 9:43 am

I tried yesterday to contact the support but considering that it is the weekend I think they don't answer until Monday or Tuesday (normal).
I have tested the new version 3.3 and i have same problems of Bassel (ubuntu 20 lts, virtualmin default install with mysql 8 ) : after first login you cannot do anything, you cannot even add a file server, only errors.
I think most of the problems (I try to speak objectively) come from switching to mysql 8 (strange, according changelog mysql 8 is supported but according apache logs and apache error logs, and google search, they are mysql errors) and the fact that there is a different routing system (there is a module that takes care of providing the correct url instead of htaccess as before for most of the urls).
I'm sure, confident, they are already aware of these problems and in case they are not aware, they will proceed to a quick fix (xfilesharing team has always proved to be reliable and solid in solving the problems in the years, they will be this time too, I'm sure).

johnnybeerock

#4 Postby johnnybeerock » Mar 22, 2022 11:36 am

Problem solved. Just use MariaDB 10.
https://mariadb.org/download/