XUpload - Feature Request - Page 2

azvisual

#16 Postby azvisual » Jun 07, 2007 2:15 pm

1: I'd like to see a web based configuration (conntrol panel). By doing this, #2 becomes much more feasible.

2: Being able to use variables in email replies.

3: Ability to set offset for time zone in config file.

azvisual

#17 Postby azvisual » Jun 15, 2007 2:46 am

Going to be hard for me to word this. I hope you can understand.

I use my form to look like it is used by different companies. I basically have one index page, and link to the other companies upload forms. (All of these are hosted on one domain and these are customers that send us files.) At first I set this up with all separate folders. Then as I got a grip on things I combined them into 1 folder and used the option in the config file to select the xmode value. Nice, very nice. Then I ran into a problem. The confirmation email section isn't in this area of the config file, so I can't send confirmations to different emails.

So now if you understand what I am talking about, I'd like to see the confirmation email section of the config file moved to the xmode value section.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.

PilgrimX182

#18 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jun 15, 2007 6:41 am

No problems. You can move ANY options to xmode section actually.

I'm glad that's xmode feature really help people to do their stuff.

azvisual

#19 Postby azvisual » Jun 15, 2007 4:04 pm

You know, after I posted the message I thought to myself... I bet I can just move it into the xmode area. My brain wasn't working so well yesterday. ;)

In my situation, xmode let me keep one folder in root and one folder in cgi-bin. Without xmode I have 4 in each and a lot more files.

Thanks for verifying my sleepy thoughts.

bbunlock

#20 Postby bbunlock » Aug 15, 2007 7:49 pm

just a couple of suggestions to consider

1, allow uploads via url, type in the address of the file and the script will download/upload

2, have the option of random names for uploaded files, this is mainly becuase I have run into a problem intergrating this into my script, for example if someone uploads "some music file.mp3" then my script breaks becuase of the spaces in the file name, I would like to have the option of the uploaded file renamed to a random number such as 7767343.mp3

thans all I can think f for now but im sure there are more

regards

skypanther

#21 Postby skypanther » Sep 07, 2007 1:11 pm

I'm using XUpload Pro. I need to add extra fields to my upload form, some of which I want to mark as required. It would be great if this could be handled within XUpload...my first attempts at adding an onClick handler to the submit button seem to prevent the upload from working. I'll get it, but it would be great if I could just add the required form fields to the config file, set the error message text, and be done with it.

Otherwise, thanks for a great script.

Tim

bsprogs

#22 Postby bsprogs » Sep 13, 2007 11:52 pm

skypanther wrote:I'm using XUpload Pro. I need to add extra fields to my upload form, some of which I want to mark as required. It would be great if this could be handled within XUpload...my first attempts at adding an onClick handler to the submit button seem to prevent the upload from working. I'll get it, but it would be great if I could just add the required form fields to the config file, set the error message text, and be done with it.

Otherwise, thanks for a great script.

Tim
Have you tried executing your code like this in the form tag:

Code: Select all

<form name="F1Upload" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="../cgi-bin/upload.cgi?upload_id=" method="post"  onSubmit="return yourfunction(); return StartUpload(this);">
That should execute your javascript function first. If your code returns true, it will execute the next javascript function - the upload.
If your code returns false, it will stop the execution right there and not execute the upload.

bsprogs

New feature

#23 Postby bsprogs » Sep 13, 2007 11:54 pm

Currently, when you click "browse" to attach files to be uploaded, you can only select one file at a time, then you must click browse, select, and so on until you have selected all the files you want to upload.

A great new feature would be the capability to select multiple files from a single browse window and have the script loop through every file you selected and add the one at a time to the file list.

PilgrimX182

#24 Postby PilgrimX182 » Sep 14, 2007 8:12 am

This is not possible with standard html file element. I know it's possible to do this via Flash, will research this feature.

Roosta21

Multiple uploads

#25 Postby Roosta21 » Sep 27, 2007 10:30 am

Yeah defiantly.. attaching multiple files is a feature i would back!!

mpakier

Uncompressing zip files

#26 Postby mpakier » Oct 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Instead of attaching many files I let in other system to attach a zip file that is then uncompressed. It would be useful if Xupload could have this feature:
- If a user is attaching a zip file. The file is unzipped and the result is as the user attached many files.

PilgrimX182

#27 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 15, 2007 9:30 am

I've made some research and backengeneering and figured out that you can select multiple files with Flash, but you will be able to upload these files with the same flash, not with standard HTML form, cause you can't dynamically create file input HTML fields. Uploading with flash is inconsistent with standard upload and so won't use it in XUpload.

ZIP idea is possible to implement but I don't think we will make it standard feature cause it will make config even much complicated and there will be problems with unzipping under windows. But I could create a hack for this, will announce it here later.

Roosta21

multiple files

#28 Postby Roosta21 » Oct 17, 2007 11:22 am

Is there any other way to upload multiple files?

PilgrimX182

#29 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 17, 2007 11:45 am

What do you mean?

Yes! XUpload Pro DO upload multiple files.

If you mean multiple file select then you can try Flash uploaders(SWFUpload, FancyUpload) or Java uploaders(RadUpload). Java even support drag-n-drop and whole folders upload, but it's pretty heavy and requires Java machine installed on client computer. You can see sample there: http://www.freeauctionimagehosting.com/

P.S.: good news, I've implemented Zip extraction today in XUpload, we've decided to put it in next version release.

tommy

feature request

#30 Postby tommy » Dec 30, 2007 2:14 pm

I think the most xupload users would like to fetch a file via http/ftp :)

tommy