XFileSharing Pro - file hosting question for all the script users

PowerChaos

file hosting question for all the script users

#1 Postby PowerChaos » Nov 12, 2010 12:14 am

hi all
i was wondering a few things

i exist for almost 1 year now ( if i can see the license )

and i still dint figure out what the users realy want to have

so i was wondering what you think of it and what you like to change on it

i use the image mod at this moment , and only registered users can see tumbnail code and premium members got hotlink code

normal users doesnt have a single option exept downloading

now i was wondering if that setting is any intresting or should every1 be able to get the tumbnails ??
as i feel that registered/premiums need to have more options avaible then normal users that doesnt offer anything back

let me know what you think of it

then i was wondering for the download button , let only premium members download the images ?? (disable download button for registered/non logged in ??)

but that option depends again on the image expire time , if images expires after 15 days because no download then that above option is useless and then i like to request to fix that thing so the images can be made a exeption for (custom mod ??)

anyway , let me know what you think of it

Greetings From PowerChaos

Dulci

#2 Postby Dulci » Nov 12, 2010 7:55 am

if you exist for 1 year now then you don't do it that well. my site is 3 /4 months old i get 450 file uploads a day. 1 tip buy url leech mod. and your site will be more interested for users (rapidshare, hotfile, and fileserve at least). and don't limit that much give them more speed then other hosters.

and second about your question i think you should allow free users do more stuff after your site is grown and is more popular then use that kind of limitations. Never limit things at the start.

PowerChaos

#3 Postby PowerChaos » Nov 13, 2010 6:32 pm

i dont got a problem with file uploads (got 150 average per day , and torrents to )

but i was wondering if i should give premium members more priority then free members

as not registered members only brings problems

the point is to make profit on 1 of a other way
but you need to have something to offer so they become premium

and giving non registered users the same amount of acces as registered users doesnt seems intrested to become registered

for that way i was wondering if it would be intrested to limit the image mod , so the users got something where they want to register/pay for

i basicly do not care if i got 10k visitors or 5 visitors

i preffer to have 5 visitors where 3 are premium then 10k visitors where 3 are premium

how more visitors you got and how more files are uploaded how more costs you need to make to provide the good quality , for that reason i like to provide more prior to premium users so i can keep the quality on a lower cost base then expanding hd's all the time because they are full of rubish from non registered users

but that comes back to my question
would users register/pay to gain hotlinks ?? or would they just go away and find a other solution

would it help to limit hotlinking to premium or would it be better to provide hotlinking to registered users to ??

as in this case , hotlinking is a minor thing to let them become premium (give them something extra)

it is the same as the video mod
if you only allow registered users to view vids and premium to download the vids , then they will become premium just to get that movie

but would users register to first be able to vieuw the vid ?? thats the other big question then

hopely you can understand what i mean

Greetings From PowerChaos