XUpload - Files Not Uploading and No Progress Bar

WopMaster8

Files Not Uploading and No Progress Bar

#1 Postby WopMaster8 » Nov 01, 2006 8:43 am

Hello all, this program is great but I can't seem to get it working correctly.

Everything seems like it should be working, I don't get any error messages, my permissions are set correctly, and the pop-up displays upload progress that looks about right. The percentage shows up but the bar doesn't, what are some possible reasons for this?

More importantly, the uploaded file doesn't show up after completion. I uploaded a file large enough to give me time to check the temp directory and a new file appears there and then is deleted after the transfer finishes, however, the file doesn't show up in the target directory I have set up. Again, my permissions are correct. I also created the .htaccess file from the sticky but that didn't work. Any suggestions? (Upon further testing I discovered that if I create a directory in my cgi-bin directory the file will show up there, but I would like it to be transferred somewhere else so I still need help.)

Edit: A couple of additional questions... What is the comments section for? I could remove it but if I have a useful purpose for it I'll let it be. Lastly, how do I configure the script to allow multiple file uploads at one time? Thanks again.

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Nov 01, 2006 10:37 am

What version do you have? What browser?
First time hear about bar problem.
PM me the link, I will take a look.

Do you provide full path to the upload folder in the config? (e.g. /home/user/htdocs/uploads)

Comments are for POST request only, can be usefull if you save file info in your database after upload. You can remove them if you only upload.
We do not provide multiple file uploads for Free script version officially, Pro version allow multiple uploads by default.

WopMaster8

#3 Postby WopMaster8 » Nov 02, 2006 6:43 pm

I'm using the newest version of the demo program, 2.5 I believe. I have tried uploading with Firefox and Internet Explorer and neither show the bar or save the file upon completion.

Yes, I did use the absolute path in the config file.

I have PM'ed you the link to my page, thanks again.

Follow up: It seems that the uploaded file cannot be saved to a directory mounted on a different hard drive than the operating system (or perl maybe?). On my system I have three seperate drives, one for the OS (/ [root filesystem]), one for the webserver (/home/shared), and one for backups (/home/shared2). I tried to have the file save in various directories on each drive and it wouldn't save anywhere on the non-OS drives, but it would save in any directory on the OS drive (as long as the permissions were set right).

There's another thread that talks about chmod'ing a file after it's saved. Would it be possible to add some code to the SaveFile2 function that will have the file save in the temp directory and then use 'mv' to transfer it to the directory I want it in?

The only other thing I can think of is there's no stop or abort upload button. Should there be or is there a short code for one possibly?

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » Nov 03, 2006 7:04 am

It looks your style file is not loading. Make sure Styles folder is in the same dir with upload_status.cgi and CHMOD 744

Yes, in your current version you can't move file between hdd partitions (perl can't do this). Implemented it in Pro version, Stop button is Pro feature too.

WopMaster8

#5 Postby WopMaster8 » Nov 05, 2006 9:45 am

Turns out my "Styles" directory must have been renamed to "Style" at some point. Don't know why but I made the appropriate change and the progress bar works as it should now; the look is a little different too. Thanks for your help.

I worked a little Alias and <Directory> magic to accomplish what I was going for without being able to auto-transfer the files. If I could spare the $40 I'd get the Pro version but at this point it's not in my budget. Awesome program though, even the demo version.