XFileSharing Pro - For the future versions

jeyul

For the future versions

#1 Postby jeyul » Mar 24, 2009 12:14 pm

I imagine that it means a lot of work to do but I think it would be better if you would do the script in php rather than how it is now because some of us could probably make some plug-ins/mods or something and plus with the version I'm using it's kind of hard for me to make some personalization to the script like connecting to the database or stuff like that. I think if you manage to do this, the script will become the best file-hosting script.

P.S. : It will also be great if you can add a theme-management system to the script. If you can do it I promise I will make a new theme for it :D

Eskick

#2 Postby Eskick » Mar 24, 2009 12:47 pm

I didnt know much cgi perl before i only knew php but its easy to understand if you know php i dont think they will ever change the script to php also for your template question just go to cgi-bin/Templates,
main.html customises the whole website
the download(x).html pages customise the download pages

its easy to understand and easy to modify.

abboodeh

#3 Postby abboodeh » Mar 24, 2009 1:17 pm

nah not that easy to modify....

i had huge problems editing these templates, i used to open them with MS front page....
which keeps breaking up the <if...> codes...

Meaning, the site name disappear from the browser, uploading stopped...etc.

it took me so much to fix it, and i used paid support for that...

i'm no programmer, i know very little about HTML, now i edit all these template by opening them with wordpad....
even the notepad breaks the if thing....

Eskick

#4 Postby Eskick » Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm

You dont edit stuff with frontpage anymore lol,
Use notepad++ its amazing

dzimi83

#5 Postby dzimi83 » Mar 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Hmm, in my opinion, the Template reader part in perl scripts should be able to run php to render and run the php code included in Template html files.. but.. i don't known is that possible because there is many difference beetween PHP and perl.. :> I know that perl programers sometimes said: "PHP is dump brother of Perl..." well, it's time to start learning perl :>

ps. Larry Wall said that Perl is a language for lame ;] so it shouldn't be hard ;]

jeyul

#6 Postby jeyul » Mar 24, 2009 11:48 pm

I know how to change the theme but I wanted to have multiple theme to choose from in the administration area. And the PHP transition thing it was only a suggestion :D

PilgrimX182

#7 Postby PilgrimX182 » Mar 25, 2009 12:54 am

The chances for PHP in XFS are too low :)