XUpload - Global Symbol Error causing 500 error

liveitloud

Global Symbol Error causing 500 error

#1 Postby liveitloud » Mar 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Hello,

I'm using the Xupload Pro on a Linux box with CentOS 5.4

I'm testing right now on Firefox 3.6 and Internet Explorer 8

whenever I run the upload it doesn't work all the time...infact the progress bar will show for a while and then according to firebug...it will sometimes receive a 500 error when trying to access the upload_status.cgi script...

I have been tailing the logs and when I receive this 500 error I get the following error that seems to be the cause.

[Mon Mar 01 11:10:38 2010] [error] Global symbol "$c" requires explicit package name at /var/www/cgi-bin/upload_status.cgi line 20.\nGlobal symbol "$c" requires explicit package name at /var/www/cgi-bin/upload_status.cgi line 21.\nGlobal symbol "$c" requires explicit package name at /var/www/cgi-bin/upload_status.cgi line 22.\nGlobal symbol "$c" requires explicit package name at /var/www/cgi-bin/upload_status.cgi line 31.\n

any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

liveitloud

#2 Postby liveitloud » Mar 01, 2010 6:16 pm

ok,

this is weird, I got it to where it will now upload once..after that if I try to upload a again I get an upload failed no matter what.

But if I restart the server it will upload again but only once.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,
Daniel

PilgrimX182

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » Mar 02, 2010 8:11 am

Don't you have any mod_perl enabled there? Normal pure perl shouldn't give such an error.

liveitloud

Yes mod perl is installed

#4 Postby liveitloud » Mar 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Well I re-installed perl-base and that error went away as well as the 500 error...my problem now is that I can only upload once. After that everytime I try to upload again I get an upload failed. The progress bar will show a percentage at some point then go to nothing then back to a percentage...it then fails. However if I restart the server instance then I can upload once more before it fails again...any ideas?

Daniel[/i]