XUpload - Having a nightmare with perl/apache/win - need help

sim

Having a nightmare with perl/apache/win - need help

#1 Postby sim » Aug 19, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi

I've been battling most of the weekend to get Xupload2 Pro working on my windows dev laptop. I got it working on my production servers (FreeBSD 6.2/Apache1.3.x/PHP5/etc) but am having a nightmare on my XP laptop :?

My laptop environment was set up for apache1.3/PHP5/Zend (NO perl). Adding mod_perl to Apache in windows is NOT easy! I had to ditch everything and install xampp (Apache2.2/mod_perl/php5 (Zend debugger now broken :roll: ))

I then realised that was not enough, so I installed ActivePerl. But I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .) at C:<....>/sites/cgi-bin-win32/xupload2/upload.cgi line 5.\r,
I know nothing about perl, except that presumably @INC needs to be "c:\Perl\lib" in my case. But even after searching far and wide for what seems like a basic thing, I can't find any explanation of how to set @INC for apache.

It feels like I'm close to getting all this working but it has been a nightmare (not any fault of xupload, just my windows dev environment). Any help VERY gratefully received.

Thanks,

Simon

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Aug 20, 2007 6:11 am

mod_perl is NOT Perl! I used ActiveState Perl: http://www.activestate.com/store/activeperl/