XFileSharing Pro - Help: How to setup fileserver along main server and where

coolsalman_1

Help: How to setup fileserver along main server and where

#1 Postby coolsalman_1 » Aug 05, 2012 1:37 am

Hello Guys,

I am about to start file hosting website. I have purchased xfilesharing pro script with few mods. Now i am confused from where i can buy web server. Please suggest and help me in finding the best hosting provider

I searched on this forum but could not find the answer.
I saw one thread there some guy mentioned that he has main server on apache and file server on nginx for better performance.

Should 100mb uplink will be best for me.

And one more question how can i setup fileserver with main server and where to buy fileserver? And how much does fileserver cost?

Please guide me guys.
Regards,
Salman

Mr_parham

Re: Help: How to setup fileserver along main server and wher

#2 Postby Mr_parham » Aug 05, 2012 7:59 am

coolsalman_1 wrote:Hello Guys,
I am about to start file hosting website. I have purchased xfilesharing pro script with few mods. Now i am confused from where i can buy web server. Please suggest and help me in finding the best hosting provider
I searched on this forum but could not find the answer.
I saw one thread there some guy mentioned that he has main server on apache and file server on nginx for better performance.
Should 100mb uplink will be best for me.
And one more question how can i setup fileserver with main server and where to buy fileserver? And how much does fileserver cost?
Please guide me guys.
Regards,
Salman
Hi

I would personally recommend using a normal host to get started with as your main server (where your database and everything would be), Lite speed or Apache would be the best option for main server

for the file server you would need a separate server, i would personally go with either 1Gbps uplink or 10Gbps (100 Mbps is to low), you can try red station in UK, I’m using them for four months now and i have 10Gbps uplink and it's perfect, your users would never feel like the server speed is slow or anything.

About the cost of these two, the main server would cost just few $$$ a month but with file server you would need to think how much you can effort, if you can tell us your budget maybe i would be able to help you better

admin
Site Admin

#3 Postby admin » Aug 05, 2012 8:43 am

Please use search, these questions was answered 100 times here.