XVideoSharing - high availability in XVideoSharing

find4

high availability in XVideoSharing

#1 Postby find4 » Jun 28, 2012 5:11 am

Hi

I can add different server in xvideosharing (encoding, etc). But with only one MAIN server. Can I work with more than one main server? How I can configure ?

For example

6 machines

A - 2 web (frontend)
B - 2 database
C - 2 encoding

If I loose one machine in the layer A I need change the control to the second . In fact I'm thinking in put a load balance and distribute the requests. There is some problem?

ankurs

Re: high availability in XVideoSharing

#2 Postby ankurs » Jun 28, 2012 6:51 am

find4 wrote:Hi

I can add different server in xvideosharing (encoding, etc). But with only one MAIN server. Can I work with more than one main server? How I can configure ?

For example

6 machines

A - 2 web (frontend)
B - 2 database
C - 2 encoding

If I loose one machine in the layer A I need change the control to the second . In fact I'm thinking in put a load balance and distribute the requests. There is some problem?
A - 2 web (frontend) / B - 2 database
this can be done without any modification to xfs script, get a system administrator and have HA setup with rsync/database replication

if you need something easy to setup, check : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcrvec-c35Q

encoding can already be spread across servers

find4

#3 Postby find4 » Jun 28, 2012 11:35 am

Ok

But how about the setup? I need to put the same code in the two servers and it works but if I change some settings (it re-write the XFSConfig.pm for example)? How I can guarantee the same configuration in this configuration?

ankurs

#4 Postby ankurs » Jun 28, 2012 12:06 pm

find4 wrote:How I can guarantee the same configuration in this configuration?
that's for your linux admin to figure out on how to replicate changes on both servers

or you can just make changes to server A and setup the replication on B, you can do this by directly connecting to A instead of going via load balancer

find4

#5 Postby find4 » Jun 28, 2012 12:46 pm

My question os about the ?op=admin_settings url

It change the configuration in one server, how I can change in both?

ankurs

#6 Postby ankurs » Jun 28, 2012 2:04 pm

ankurs wrote:
find4 wrote:How I can guarantee the same configuration in this configuration?
that's for your linux admin to figure out on how to replicate changes on both servers

or you can just make changes to server A and setup the replication on B, you can do this by directly connecting to A instead of going via load balancer
do this when making admin setting changes
find4 wrote:My question os about the ?op=admin_settings url

It change the configuration in one server, how I can change in both?