XFileSharing Pro - Hosting for XFS PRO

tz4bu

Hosting for XFS PRO

#1 Postby tz4bu » Jul 13, 2013 7:33 am

Hi, I want to open a new XFS website and I need some help creating an hardware configuration and picking an hosting company.

I checked some related topics but I can't figure it out what configuration will be best for me. My website will be new so I won't need an high an expensive server configuration for now.

I will run the main script on an Cloud server from Hostwinds. Is that good?

Any help will be welcomed regarding what company to use for server, what OS to pick, how many GB of ram, what processor, how many HDD's and what RAID to use, and also what bandwidth and internet connection I will need.

Thank you!

EDIT:
Is this configuration good for start?

Code: Select all

CPU: 2x Intel Quad Core Xeon E
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Swap: 4GB
Harddisk: 4 TB

EvoSwitch 1Gbps 100TB Max b/w p/m
Will 4TB HDD be enough for the start?
Any suggestions? I should add something more?
Any advices are welcomed!

Thanks

Guneyd

Re: Hosting for XFS PRO

#2 Postby Guneyd » Jul 13, 2013 4:00 pm

tz4bu wrote:Hi, I want to open a new XFS website and I need some help creating an hardware configuration and picking an hosting company.

I checked some related topics but I can't figure it out what configuration will be best for me. My website will be new so I won't need an high an expensive server configuration for now.

I will run the main script on an Cloud server from Hostwinds. Is that good?

Any help will be welcomed regarding what company to use for server, what OS to pick, how many GB of ram, what processor, how many HDD's and what RAID to use, and also what bandwidth and internet connection I will need.

Thank you!

EDIT:
Is this configuration good for start?

Code: Select all

CPU: 2x Intel Quad Core Xeon E
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Swap: 4GB
Harddisk: 4 TB

EvoSwitch 1Gbps 100TB Max b/w p/m
Will 4TB HDD be enough for the start?
Any suggestions? I should add something more?
Any advices are welcomed!

Thanks
I'm not familiar with Hostwinds, but I wouldn't go with a cloud server for XFS (unless you only plan on running the frontend on it). For a fileserver the stats are good, but you also need to take into account the CPU and with cloud servers/VPS those are usually shared by multiple users (servers).

As far as the network goes, Evoswitch is an excellent Dutch bandwidth provider and as long as you don't go with some USA based company (DMCA policies) it should be alright ;).

tz4bu

#3 Postby tz4bu » Jul 13, 2013 4:42 pm

I will use Hostwindows cloud only to host the XFS script.

Can you explain me this please:
"but you also need to take into account the CPU and with cloud servers/VPS those are usually shared by multiple users (servers). "

As I know the fileserver will be hosted in NL. I should be aware that I will have problems with DMCA?

Guneyd

#4 Postby Guneyd » Jul 13, 2013 4:49 pm

tz4bu wrote:I will use Hostwindows cloud only to host the XFS script.

Can you explain me this please:
"but you also need to take into account the CPU and with cloud servers/VPS those are usually shared by multiple users (servers). "

As I know the fileserver will be hosted in NL. I should be aware that I will have problems with DMCA?
Always try to check out the Terms of Service and such if you're hiring a server from a company. Some companies are more relaxed when it comes to handling Takedown requests whereas others cancel your account and server immediately. It al depends on the company. There are some companies out there who ignore DMCA requests, but those are mostly limited in specs or too expensive if you ask me.