XFileSharing Pro - Hosting on a Shared Hosting account

locochris05

Hosting on a Shared Hosting account

#1 Postby locochris05 » Apr 24, 2013 2:26 am

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried having the main script installed on a shared hosting account and a file server on a different shared hosting account?

Do i need to buy a dedicated IP address with the account for the file server?

This is a shared hosting company that allows unlimited bandwidth and DMCA free.

I'm just trying to save the most money I can since im just starting out.

imagepad

#2 Postby imagepad » Apr 24, 2013 7:33 am

Shared hosting will ban you extremely fast when your account is using tons of resources.

No shared host truly offers "Unlimited" space or bandwidth.

Jesse202

Re: Hosting on a Shared Hosting account

#3 Postby Jesse202 » Apr 24, 2013 12:46 pm

locochris05 wrote:I was wondering if anyone has ever tried having the main script installed on a shared hosting account and a file server on a different shared hosting account?

Do i need to buy a dedicated IP address with the account for the file server?

This is a shared hosting company that allows unlimited bandwidth and DMCA free.

I'm just trying to save the most money I can since im just starting out.
Just send me your money or burn it. You'd get more value that way.

But on a more serious note, you *can* run the main script on a shared account and the file server on a VPS or dedicated server.

I use an asterisk symbol because it's very iffy. If your site grows, it will be shut down for using too many resource from the dl cgi files being called upon too often.

locochris05

#4 Postby locochris05 » Apr 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Will a VPS with only 1gb Ram work???

I only get 1,000 visitors per month and I will defentively switch to dedicated servers when I grow, but this is just for beginning months since there is a lot of competition out there.

Jesse202

#5 Postby Jesse202 » Apr 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Yeah 1gb ram will work, but there is no reason for you to buy this script if you're not out there promoting your site everyday. You should be able to use a dedicated server the first month you buy it if you're hosting files.

locochris05

#6 Postby locochris05 » Apr 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Jesse202 wrote:Yeah 1gb ram will work, but there is no reason for you to buy this script if you're not out there promoting your site everyday. You should be able to use a dedicated server the first month you buy it if you're hosting files.
Thank you

I already did buy the script and started with very expensive dedicated servers thinking I was gonna keep making the same money with* adsense* every month but like everyone else, I got banned so now I'm adjusting servers costs with my actual monthly visitors and what they really need instead of jumping to expensive servers right away with only a few private advertisers.