XFileSharing Pro - How can i add my url shortening site to the Filehosting site

Mega B

How can i add my url shortening site to the Filehosting site

#1 Postby Mega B » Apr 22, 2010 11:00 am

I have had my File hosting site www.filethe.net up and running for nearly a year and recently i setup a standalone url shortening site which i am looking at linking to my filehost but on checking i am finding that when a file is uploaded you have these options:

Download Link:
Code for forums:
Direct link:
Delete link:
Shortlink:

the short link is the bit that is worrying me but could sort out all my problems as the current link that is showing is for someone elses link deurl.me so how has this happened that that site is on mine and how can i change it to my site.

This concerns me as i have no connection's with deurl.me site which also happens to use the sibsoft XLinker script.The last time i had the filehost script installed was last November.

So can anyone explain how that site has been installed or is it in the script from new and how can i change that link over to my own link please ??? It is running version 1.6

Any thoughts or suggestions on this one please
Last edited by Mega B on Apr 22, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mega B

#2 Postby Mega B » Apr 22, 2010 11:30 am

Just found out that the url DeUrl.me is owned by someone at sibsoft which is not a problem but could someone tell me in what file i can find that url and change it over to mine please.Thanks

Mega B

#3 Postby Mega B » Apr 22, 2010 11:46 am

Could someone from support or admin help me on this one please as i would like to change it over to my own url shortening site.Thanks

chrda

#4 Postby chrda » Apr 22, 2010 12:33 pm

If you use Xlinker script, you just need newest version of 1.7

then setup the APi key and its good..

Mega B

#5 Postby Mega B » Apr 22, 2010 12:40 pm

No i am not using the Xlinker script for my stand alone site and i am only running version 1.6 as i dont want to upgrade yet as the site is running fine on 1.6,so just by changing the url from the one in the current script 1.6 to my own standalone one will that work.

As it is at the moment it does seem that the Xlinker script had been developed for 1.6 aswell although it was launched later than my install which was dated november 2009 the Xlinker script was launched in january i think but the was in the early version of the script if that makes sense si i am thinking if just the url is changed it should then be directed to my site.