XFileSharing Pro - How do you guys make money with your sites? Friendly discuss

deceased10

How do you guys make money with your sites? Friendly discuss

#1 Postby deceased10 » Apr 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Hey guys.I am interested to see how you guys make money with your sites, and if you guys are making any money? I would love to hear from others, as I have just opened my site www.sharedragon.com and am already feeling the struggles and realizing the long path ahead will not be as easy as planned. With some big sites I have seen with tons of members being payed out allot, I wonder how much they actually make, and if they are making allot, I know sharebeast has the same script and I believe makes a ton. Ive seen some sites rely on ads and some sites with no ads. I am still experimenting and seeing how things go, so far not good, I got members uploading and getting downloads, but absolutely no revenue. I am getting scared that I am going to have to pay out these members and suffer a great loss.

It would also be great if we could exchange msn or skype contact info, and have some friendly discussions, help eachother out, etc...

anyone may add me

msn/email: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from everyone and hope people add me on msn/skype and discuss. It will benefit the both of us.

chrda

#2 Postby chrda » Apr 08, 2011 1:11 am

Your site seems to be overloaded, so not strange you dont make any money :)

The best way to learn is by burning. Read the forums like digitalpoint.com
There is no easy way.

No one make a ton of cash, you need to use money to earn money.
Good infrastructure is important.
And using 40$ per 1k download will possible take you down in the end.

The way you make money isnt by monthly earnings, but enough to go around, get more traffic and in the end your site is worth something!

Learning by burning! thats what i did it. And still not rich (yet) ;)

deceased10

#3 Postby deceased10 » Apr 08, 2011 1:27 am

What do you mean by overloaded? And by burning? What is burning? I am a frequent member of digital point and post there quite a bit. I know 40$ is high but it seems like everyone on digitalpoint offers very high payouts, so in order for me to compete I feel like I have no choice. If you own hulkshare I imagine you make quite a good sum of money though? Seeing the pagerank and alexa of the site. Very nice site by the way.

deceased10

#4 Postby deceased10 » Apr 08, 2011 1:37 am

Ah I think I know what you mean by overloaded, I guess it is time for another server, I wasn't expecting to get so many files uploaded so quickly and such high gigs of files. If I am stuck paying 100$ a month hosting fees, I do not see how I will make that. It is also weird how sharebeast was selling on flippa and had a revenue of 17k net proffit per month, hmm. Time to start learning some more. I also wanted to know what site you use for dedicated servers? I was thinking of using FDCservers.net

nyan

#5 Postby nyan » Apr 08, 2011 10:05 am

It is not a good idea to have the main website and the fileserver on a single server..
Still your site did not overload because your server was not good enough, but due to a bad apache configuration.. make sure maxclients is set to a high level like 512 or get nginx mod.
Also your money isn't counting..

I myself use fdcservers.net, got a 4x1.5 tb (raid1) dualcore with unlimited 100mbit for 110$/mo and ovh.com.

Jesse202

#6 Postby Jesse202 » Apr 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Your earnings table and site layout will kill you. Your website is gross with the dripping green letters, dark layout, ect.

Did you make a business plan to decide you could payout this large amount of money and go in knowing you would not sell a premium for at least the first couple months? You should not be worried yet about having to close. You should have had at least $5k or so to last a little while and for advertising.

Also, read the premium features table then read what you have in the sidebar. They are not right

deceased10

#7 Postby deceased10 » Apr 08, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks for the comments I am rethinking everything and going to do things better. New at this, and hoping to make some money. And truying to fix that money not counting part. Not sure whats going on

thebeer

#8 Postby thebeer » Apr 08, 2011 2:52 pm

This is a very competitive niche, If you don't have a targeted audience or a very good business plan you will fain very fast.

Don't forget:

chrda

#9 Postby chrda » Apr 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Learning by burning means that you need to do something wrong and learn from it before doing it right.

When it comes to ads set a base cpm price at 0.1$ per 1k impressions.
If you get higher your lucky, you might even get lower.
It all depending on the traffic pattern

3x adslots x 0.1cpm x 10000 visits = 3$
3x adslots x 0.1cpm x 50000 visits = 15$
3x adslots x 0.1cpm x 100000 visits = 30$

so 100k visits per day gives maybe 30$~
If you focus your traffic on non .us .uk .de etc you get a low cpm.

So in most cases you need premium customers. Then you need a better infrastructure to manage the premium users demands.

glumbo

#10 Postby glumbo » Apr 08, 2011 5:31 pm

chrda, have you tried CPC ads? Do CPM work ads work better for this niche?

chrda

#11 Postby chrda » Apr 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Only thing that accually works good is adsense.
There is some else, but they are hard to get access to.

I have changed to CPA. but its alot more work :)

deceased10

#12 Postby deceased10 » Apr 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks for the information guys, I appreciate it all, I'm learning everyday and have noticed it is very competitive, I think I am going to target a more specified niche that would only need lower mb files instead of targeting people who are just going to upload 3 gigs of files etc... I am truying to learn html in order to fix some bugs on my site aswell.

abbou

#13 Postby abbou » Apr 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Hey guys! :)

I am soon a xfilesharing user. Just planing, and saving money.

About google adsense, they are very strict. They can ban your site, if users uploads copyrighted material. They can ban you site, if same visitors click on advetisment to many times, claiming its click fraud.

What about pop unders? I get 1.8 cpm from my blog.

Think popunders should only appear in download pages, like fileserve.

If u want to know the popunder provider, add me messenger: [email protected]

Eskick

#14 Postby Eskick » Apr 08, 2011 7:53 pm

If you pay users without having a "100% complete download mod" you will go out of business, especially if your trying to compete with other file hosts PPD prices

deceased10

#15 Postby deceased10 » Apr 08, 2011 9:14 pm

what do you mean 100% download mod