XFileSharing Pro - Increasing cheating/fraudulent downloads

oldman

Increasing cheating/fraudulent downloads

#1 Postby oldman » Apr 27, 2015 6:52 am

Hi Guys,

There is an increasing fraudulent download cases so I am just wondering if any other hosts are experiencing it and if there is any way to prevent it.

I can see users uploading a lot of files on 1 day, stop uploading for weeks then start using these links to generate high number of downloads with IP addresses from higher Tier country to get higher revenue.

How I know would know these are fake downloads is when I ban the account with the links all still active and still on the uploader's website, the number of downloads instantly become 0. (Probably turn off the script or bot or something)

So anyone else experiencing it? I must admit this new situation makes it a lot difficult to see if someone is gaming the system or not. Even with captchas, it doesn't seem to prevent the issue.

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Apr 27, 2015 2:46 pm

check referrers for those downloads and see if the traffic is actually coming from

if its blank, then its probably some kind of bot or automate download tool

universe

#3 Postby universe » Apr 28, 2015 9:47 am

Since most hosts pay decent money only for big files, in most cases the "100% complete download mod" should help to prevent fake downloads, since no cheater will transfer dozens of GB just for getting some fake downloads credited.