XFileSharing Free - Installation Question

waltmc

Installation Question

#1 Postby waltmc » Jun 23, 2021 8:52 pm

Hopefully, someone can help me!
I have installed XFileSharing Free and the script executed without aborting? I am able to upload files and records are added to mysql.db. Something must not be set right, because during it's execution, some of the screens and status pages are reporting 404 errors. As I said the files are uploaded, I can go in and see them and see the records added to the sql.db. I never get the screens showing the dirs with the files or how to download them.
I think it may be in the mod-rewrites. I have checked with my hosting service and we can not find the issue!

Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance!
WaltMc

jamesmillere

Re: Installation Question

#2 Postby jamesmillere » Jan 27, 2023 11:11 am

Hi,

It sounds like you've successfully installed XFileSharing Free, but are experiencing some issues with the functionality of the script. The 404 errors that you're encountering are likely related to the URLs for the pages that are supposed to display the files and allow for downloading.

It's possible that the issue is with the mod-rewrite rules in your .htaccess file. These rules are used to control how the URLs for the script are handled by the web server. If the rules are not set up correctly, it can cause the URLs to not match the actual location of the pages, resulting in 404 errors.

Here are a few things you can try:

Double-check the mod-rewrite rules in your .htaccess file to make sure that they match the rules provided in the script's documentation.

Make sure that mod_rewrite is enabled on your server. Some hosting providers may need to enable it for you.

Check if there is any additional .htaccess file in your server that may be causing conflict with the one that the script is using.

Contact your hosting provider to see if they can provide any additional information or support to help you resolve the issue.

If you are still having issues after trying these steps, you may want to check the script's support forum or contact the script developer for additional support.

Keep in mind that these are common issues with the script and the solution may be specific to your case, so it's best to check with the script developer for further assistance.

Thanks
James Millere
UiPath Training