XFileSharing Pro - Integration of XFS with Other Existing Systems

alnadabi

Integration of XFS with Other Existing Systems

#1 Postby alnadabi » Jul 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi there,

I know this will be not easy to change as piece of cake, but I am sure it will bring more customers to this script if you can make it more flexible with integration feature.

As every one knows, there are many UBB websites around, I can say its +10 thousands of them having very huge base of existing customers.

For my case, my website running UBB with +200,000 active users, and its very good Idea to give them XFS feature without asking them to register again in the same website.

Also, Its very good idea if we have an option to integrate the XFS with current website members or give us more options to select the type of authentication like (cookies, session).

But unfortunately, I went through the XFS structure code , and I found that the login part is managed by the encrypted file Session.pm , So its not possible to change to the exiting table of my UBB .

In conclusion, If you can separate the login part from Session.pm and have another file named : login.pm So this file will handle the user table only , and keep the license part separate from login part.

This will be very good feature if it will be implemented in the next version of XFS .

Hope we can see this proposal very soon.

Regards,
Bader AlNadabi

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jul 21, 2008 12:08 pm

Thank you! This will be released in new version next few days.

alnadabi

#3 Postby alnadabi » Sep 03, 2008 6:27 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:Thank you! This will be released in new version next few days.
I was very happy to see the new version, but it seem that my request was in included !!!

I could not see my proposal in the new version 1.2 ??? or you forget it ??

That was very important part for me to run the script because I delay it until i can integerate it with my current members .

Please do some thing to change this part of the script .

Thank you in advance,

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » Sep 04, 2008 6:26 am

Open the index.cgi and find "sub Login", "sub CheckAuth" moved from Session.pm and stop blaming me :)

alnadabi

#5 Postby alnadabi » Sep 04, 2008 9:51 am

PilgrimX182 wrote:Open the index.cgi and find "sub Login", "sub CheckAuth" moved from Session.pm and stop blaming me :)
I am vey Sorry, that was not blaming, It was an inquery only :) .

But you have to mention that Modificatoin in your change log file , because its a major changes in login system.

Thank you very much :)
AlNadabi