XUpload - Leave us your review

PilgrimX182

Leave us your review

#1 Postby PilgrimX182 » Apr 16, 2007 11:11 am

Please leave your review here, we really need to know what you think about it.
Tell us if XUpload helped you or not, tell us about your upload experience.
You can specify your name, site title or address.
Please note we will not publish your email address.

One string will be enough!
Last edited by PilgrimX182 on May 24, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

nodak

XUpload pro made me look like a hero!

#2 Postby nodak » Apr 19, 2007 5:55 pm

For the past 2 months I've been building a custom application for our agents, (I work for an insurance company), to upload photos to our server. My script uploads their files, resizes them to a standard size, renames them with unique names, and overlays text they specify describing the photo across the bottom of the photo for review by our Underwriting department.

I needed to give them a way to upload many files at once and show them progress since they are all remotely located outside of our office.

After tearing my hair out for awhile, trying literally dozens of scripts, and even fighting with the horribly undocumented php extension for file upload progress, I found XUpload. This was the perfect solution for our needs and we are planning on going live on May 1 across the entire state. The current test group of agents are really liking how it works and my boss is happy. :)

I had a CSR upload 24 photos today and she told me it was easy!

Thanks for an excellent script! I can't share my URL as it's hosted on our Intranet, but XUpload Pro was worth every penny!

Thanks again!

Chris Peterson, MCDST
Systems & Network Administrator
Nodak Mutual Insurance Company
Fargo, ND :D

azvisual

#3 Postby azvisual » Jun 15, 2007 4:19 pm

First off, I have to say the support is second to none. I've used other scripts for this same thing and either I get zero support, or the script is very non-consistent.

When I stumbled across Xupload I was really looking for something to replace the very random acting script I currently had. Initial setup was a bit daunting, but I prevailed (and I have to tell you, the first time you see the progress bar function, you know it was all worth it).

Once I had the basic script working it was time to modify to my needs. Now this could be a bit tough if you have never done this sort of thing before. The saving grace is the support. So now that I have the basic setup done and have worked it into my site, I have to say this is the most phenomonal script I have ever used. It works consistently and my users love it. It's easy to add new forms and making mods now is also easy. Like anything, it has a learning curve, but in the end you won't regret the time spent learning it.

5 out of 5 stars.

contex

#4 Postby contex » Feb 21, 2008 10:28 am

I must say this app is wonderful and worth of money.

I would like to see future release could incorporate user customizable fields done once for all, similar to upload_password once activated in xuploadconfig.pm then upload_form.html auto updated. In my opinion it is much informative if person who upload files leave his mobile, name...etc are captured in logs.txt

vchips

No admin interface GUI

#5 Postby vchips » Jun 12, 2008 7:07 pm

I only purchased the software today and plan to have it installed. Everything looks excellent and I am very impressed with it. However, I see only one problem, as I understand it, changes must be made by entering variables into the script. This is a real pain.

I would like to see an administrator's control panel with various options in future releases. This would save time and simplify the admin. Lack of this ability or feature, did not prevent or stop me from making the purchase. I have confidence that the professional technical support will compensate for this.

Thank you for making a great software product at a very low price. IF I have a good experience with it and the customer like it, I will purchase a second copy for my other domain.

Spanner

#6 Postby Spanner » Sep 16, 2008 10:12 am

Does what it says on the tin!

Easy to modify to fit in with any design and easy to configure and add to the functionality.

Well worth £22.26

Thanks.

acapellas4u

#7 Postby acapellas4u » Sep 23, 2008 3:40 pm

Been happily using XUpload as such an important integral part to my website now for so long I just don't know what I'd do without it.

God forbid anything broke :S