XFileSharing Pro - limiting requested links per IP

abboodeh

limiting requested links per IP

#1 Postby abboodeh » Jun 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi

while ago some hackers tried to hack my site, by opening many connections into the server causing it to crash down.

the only solution so far is by contacting the support in my dedicated server, and then they block the IPs.

basically, the bandwidth chart in the admin area show high records(above normal) while the same average of files being downloaded (everything is normal and on daily average except the bandwidth)
this indicates that i'm under very heavy -fake- load.

and site browsing is getting so much slow...and in the end the server crash and need manual restart.

maybe i'm not good with words, maybe it's something technical but i hope i delivered the idea.

any solution for this Pilgrim? or anyone?

abboodeh

#2 Postby abboodeh » Jun 03, 2009 10:17 am

so nothing could be done?

PilgrimX182

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » Jun 03, 2009 12:53 pm

The best solution from this are apache mods like mod_cband - you can limit requests per time and even speeds. There are some other usefull apache mods, google for them.

abboodeh

#4 Postby abboodeh » Jun 03, 2009 3:05 pm

PilgrimX182 wrote:The best solution from this are apache mods like mod_cband - you can limit requests per time and even speeds. There are some other usefull apache mods, google for them.
Thank you Pilgrim, so this is a server thing not script ....sorry and thanks for the tip :)