XFileSharing Pro - Memory usage?

Guneyd

Memory usage?

#1 Postby Guneyd » May 19, 2011 9:06 am

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is somewhat of a stupid question, but I couldn't find an exact answer to this so I figured I'd ask it here.

In my attempt to understand what kind of servers would be best suited for the use of XFilesharing Pro, I've so far been struggling with what server is to be used for what kind of a process.

In the case of a main server (frontend of the script) and a fileserver:
What server is used for what exactly? Let us take the video encoding mod for example, how much of it is done on the main server and/or fileserver and which one would use up more RAM? Is it so that that one server does all of the script related work whereas the other one just serves it or is there a more specific way the different tasks are spread amongst the servers?

I also realize that the generating of the download links and the amount of visitors take up a lot of ram, but I'm really interested in finding out which server is more RAM intensive.

I hope that I'm not being too much of a server noob with this, but I really would like to understand the script and its workings better.

Belgin Fish

#2 Postby Belgin Fish » Jul 21, 2011 2:41 am

For the video encoding mod, it would entirely be done on the file server / secondary server. The secondary server / file server would use up more ram. Basically you got it, all the script work is done on the main server and all the files are stored / streamed / converted on the secondary server / file server.

So yeah, the server running the script uses a lot less ram than the server converting the videos (if you are converting them).