XFileSharing Pro - Moving the front end of my file host to another server.

Mega B

Moving the front end of my file host to another server.

#1 Postby Mega B » Jul 21, 2010 11:33 am

I had the xfilesharing pro v1.6 installed last year the front end being installed on a small low spec dedicated server and the back end ie the data installed on a big dedicated server,i dont have a great amount of html knowledge but i am looking at moving the front end over to the same server so that the whole site is on one big server.

So how big a job is it and what is involved and is it difficult and i am more than willing to pay someone to do it for me within the next 7-10 days,i dont want to loose anything as the site has been running as sweet as anything since it was setup.

Any thoughts about this one or is anyone willing to do it for me if so how much will it cost.

Thanks

qq_bbq

#2 Postby qq_bbq » Jul 21, 2010 12:19 pm

I moved a site before last month. I can do it for $50. I can set it up so that there will be minimal to zero downtime during the move.

Can probably finish moving in 20-60 minutes.

mastypk

#3 Postby mastypk » Jul 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello

Make backup or your files & database & move them to another servers

& then edit config file, if you have different database information on other server

Done.

Mega B

#4 Postby Mega B » Jul 21, 2010 12:54 pm

I am not even going to attempt it my self i will get in contact by the weekend and prehaps make the move sometime next week.This is well beyond me so this is why i asked for some help i am away for a few days till the weekend but i will reply back to get it all sorted out.