XFileSharing Pro - MP4 Conversion Mod Issues and...

speakerbox

MP4 Conversion Mod Issues and...

#1 Postby speakerbox » Sep 02, 2011 7:04 am

Hello,

This week we have decided to move our servers to a new DC. Since we moved our servers we've been experiencing some problems.

Firstly, the mp4 conversion mod is acting very oddly. For what ever reason files aren't always being converted. One out of every 10 or so files is being converted when every file should be converted. When looking at the enc.list file we see that newly added uploads are not being added to the list. When we manually add files to the list then run the enc.pl file the video does convert.

Oddly enough it also seems that we aren't capturing many of the video snap shots when new files are uploaded. For instance, all avi files aren't being captured. The video information is being displayed such as the fps and audio bitrate.

Also, we have another odd issue. A file will get uploaded but the page will stall and not generate any links. The file still gets uploaded to the site and appears under your accounts if using one.

Those are the problems that we are facing right now - hopefully someone has faced these problems before and can help us solve them.

Thank you!

speakerbox

#2 Postby speakerbox » Sep 03, 2011 7:22 am

Any suggestions?

chrda

#3 Postby chrda » Sep 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Make sure all perl and yum packages needed are install.
Also make sure all paths are correct. doublecheck them. Its easy to forget something :).

There is also a cron file that need to be runned.
Also check folder permissions, they might have changed during the move.

PowerChaos

#4 Postby PowerChaos » Sep 09, 2011 1:06 pm

i got this problem to before

i use 2 differend servers , a webserver and a file server

my problem was the same , and it came because the mp4 mod was adding the video's to my webserver instead my file server

i could fix that part by just renaming the enc.pl file (and list) to enc2.pl so it only took the second server

for the download generating link is there a easy solution

it just mean that it can not be uploaded because a server connection error or a time out of apache

it happends to me with a video file with a wrong extention when other files are fine

i dit some server tweaks ( settings to get a longer timeout and stuff) and now it works perfect

so my best guess is to see how many seconds you got for a time out and if you got a good connection in the first place (not a slow connection)

if that does not works , try it out with other files as it is possible that it is just a corrupted file ( rename it to .txt or so )

Greetings From PowerChaos