XFileSharing Pro - Need advice on installing a file server

applewar

Need advice on installing a file server

#1 Postby applewar » Feb 08, 2011 4:25 am

Hello,

I currently encounter a problem with installing a file server using the script Xfilesharig pro.

I currently have a Dell R510 server with 12 hard drives with a capacity of 2TB mounted using standard RAID 6, which leaves me with a storage capacity of approximately 20TB.

The questions I ask myself are:

How do I mount the partitions during installation so that the script uses 20TB I have?
What size should the partitions so that the server is not unstable?

Another issue that is related to the script, do I install Perl modules on each new file server?

I thank all who take the trouble to answer me, I prefer to post my problem here because there is no better place than a forum where we talk about hosting file servers managing a storage space therefore to get good advice.

Sincerely,

Applewar

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Feb 08, 2011 5:24 am

applewar

#3 Postby applewar » Feb 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks for this link, I've got now a partition of 16TB in ext4 :)

But i've got another problem now, setting in XFSconfig.pm on my web server are not send to my file server after installation, I have change setting manually and it's working fine.

Have you got a solution for synchronize this settings automaticaly ?

Sorry for bad english :s

chrda

#4 Postby chrda » Feb 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Seems you got enough money for hardware, try get a system administrator

applewar

#5 Postby applewar » Feb 13, 2011 4:56 am

I like to manage everything myself, it's a good way to learn the complete operation of a system. And it's better to understand that stupid to say yes to everything.
I might add that I prefer to browse the forum to find solutions to my problems and also respond to people who need help than to hire someone who would do anything for me. My vocation is not to quietly sip a cocktail in the Caribbean ;)