XFileSharing Pro - Need asap help: Web only transfer to vps.

crownin

Need asap help: Web only transfer to vps.

#1 Postby crownin » Mar 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Hello,

I have one dedicated server at the moment where xfilesharing pro 1.8 is installed on. I like to move web to a vps server so there will be less load,

This is how I think I need to do it:
I need to move all script files to vps & then in Servers tab, I just need to edit domain name to ip/~filecrow.

Please correct me and give install steps if I'm wrong.

Thank you.

Staz

#2 Postby Staz » Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

I am actually trying to do something similar as well. I have xfilesharing pro with video mod already running the script/db and videos/files on one dedicated machine.

What I want is to use my dedicated machine to serve files/videos serving them using NGINX.
And have the front-end/script/database on another dedicated machine running apache.

Is there much to change in the script for this procedure?

PilgrimX182

#3 Postby PilgrimX182 » Mar 09, 2011 8:46 am

Not much. Just copy and set same chmods to all scripts, then dump/import SQL database to new server, then change domain DNS record to new IP, then update fileserver URLs to old IP instead of main domain.

A lot of steps, but nothing complicated if you're know what u're doing.

Staz

#4 Postby Staz » Mar 14, 2011 7:30 am

Thanks for the reply. I do want to verify a few more things

Server 1- Current Server (Files/videos stay at this server)
Server 2- New Server for only the front end/mysql

When I complete my DNS changes and move the xfilesharing script files over to server number 2, I would like to only upload the files to server number 1, so when I will be going to www.mywebsite.com and uploading a file through the http upload will the file be going through the 2nd server in other words will the server used for my front end be eating bandwidth when I am uploading a file through the site, or will it be going straight to server 1 where the ffmpeg conversion of the video take place?

Also what happens to my old file urls when I do this switch? Since the server will not have a domain anymore I will only be using the IP, does everything still stay the same?

ankurs

#5 Postby ankurs » Mar 14, 2011 7:52 am

Staz wrote: When I complete my DNS changes and move the xfilesharing script files over to server number 2, I would like to only upload the files to server number 1, so when I will be going to www.mywebsite.com and uploading a file through the http upload will the file be going through the 2nd server in other words will the server used for my front end be eating bandwidth when I am uploading a file through the site, or will it be going straight to server 1 where the ffmpeg conversion of the video take place?
will go to server 1 only
Staz wrote: Also what happens to my old file urls when I do this switch? Since the server will not have a domain anymore I will only be using the IP, does everything still stay the same?
you can assign a subdomain to that ip & use it for your download links