XFileSharing Pro - New Site with Web Server Only Or With Fileserver

coolsalman_1

New Site with Web Server Only Or With Fileserver

#1 Postby coolsalman_1 » Aug 06, 2012 6:29 am

Hello Guys,

I need help. I am going to start filehosting site. I am looking for good server offer.

I came to know leaseweb offer good packages
http://www.leaseweb.com/en/dedicated-se ... tb-servers

I saw on many threads, most members said for New site ( Web server) go for shared or vps hosting and for file server go with kimsufi or leaseweb.

If i go as Site ( Web server) + Direct Admin Or cpanel in the beginning ( nginx later) when it is necessary.

Or

Site ( Web server) + file server + Direct Admin Or cpanel in the beginning ( nginx later) on fileserver to reduce load.

which one is the best way. Please guide me.

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Aug 06, 2012 6:44 am

both are fine, if you have enough budget then go with 2nd option

coolsalman_1

#3 Postby coolsalman_1 » Aug 07, 2012 1:06 pm

ankurs wrote:both are fine, if you have enough budget then go with 2nd option
is cpanel required?

ankurs

#4 Postby ankurs » Aug 07, 2012 1:07 pm

coolsalman_1 wrote:is cpanel required?
no

okpa

#5 Postby okpa » Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm

ankurs wrote:
no
so how can we add new account to server?

ankurs

#6 Postby ankurs » Aug 07, 2012 2:01 pm

okpa wrote:
ankurs wrote:
no
what new account ?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/examples.html

okpa

#7 Postby okpa » Aug 07, 2012 6:51 pm

ankurs wrote:
okpa wrote:
ankurs wrote: no
what new account ?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/examples.html
i means www accounts

PowerChaos

#8 Postby PowerChaos » Aug 07, 2012 9:04 pm

small note for leaseweb
if you choose the 100TB server , then read this line

LeaseWeb Special Tos
leaseweb special tos wrote: 4. No CDN or Media Streaming. Customer shall not be entitled to use the Service for the purpose of
(i) operating ‘Content Delivery Network’; and/or (ii) ‘Streaming Media Services’; except with
LeaseWeb’s prior written consent, which consent may be granted or withheld at LeaseWeb’s sole
discretion.
anyway
to answer your question
i preffer to install cpanel ( trial) to get the basic setup done and to get a decent apache setup that can handle a lot of load

but mainly you do not need cpanel , you can use webmin , xamp , apache (stand alone) , lamp ... and a lot more ( kloxo also )

and then a sidenote for kimsufi ( ovh )
they are good for a certain time until you start to suffer from a internal ddos attack and that they shut down all your servers for traffic abuse

long story in a nutshell , they generated a intenal ddos attack when i was using them for my vps servers
how i know ? , because no vps servers was running with internet , the root is locked on ip and every single vps was generating 100 mbit ... and the server itself was also using 100 mbit until i switched the Vmac ( virtual mac , the system they use )

so if i was you , stay away from them :D

Greetings From PowerChaos

coolsalman_1

#9 Postby coolsalman_1 » Aug 08, 2012 6:05 am

PowerChaos wrote:small note for leaseweb
if you choose the 100TB server , then read this line

LeaseWeb Special Tos
leaseweb special tos wrote: 4. No CDN or Media Streaming. Customer shall not be entitled to use the Service for the purpose of
(i) operating ‘Content Delivery Network’; and/or (ii) ‘Streaming Media Services’; except with
LeaseWeb’s prior written consent, which consent may be granted or withheld at LeaseWeb’s sole
discretion.
anyway
to answer your question
i preffer to install cpanel ( trial) to get the basic setup done and to get a decent apache setup that can handle a lot of load

but mainly you do not need cpanel , you can use webmin , xamp , apache (stand alone) , lamp ... and a lot more ( kloxo also )

and then a sidenote for kimsufi ( ovh )
they are good for a certain time until you start to suffer from a internal ddos attack and that they shut down all your servers for traffic abuse

long story in a nutshell , they generated a intenal ddos attack when i was using them for my vps servers
how i know ? , because no vps servers was running with internet , the root is locked on ip and every single vps was generating 100 mbit ... and the server itself was also using 100 mbit until i switched the Vmac ( virtual mac , the system they use )

so if i was you , stay away from them :D

Greetings From PowerChaos
so which webhost should we choose go then. Can you use 100tb leaseweb server for filehosting purpose? Because i am not planning to start streaming site. I am looking for filehosting. Please guide guys.

ankurs

#10 Postby ankurs » Aug 08, 2012 6:12 am

PowerChaos wrote: LeaseWeb Special Tos
discretion.
file hosting is not content delivery network (cdn) & nor its streamin media service

leasweb is fine with http video on demand streaming & file hosting sites are fine, you can contact leaseweb and check it with them

coolsalman_1

#11 Postby coolsalman_1 » Aug 08, 2012 6:32 am

thanks ankrus. Will you guide me how to configure new 100tb server with webmin or cpanel. I am going to buy server in 2 days and then i have to configure it and install xfilesharing script.
ankurs wrote:
PowerChaos wrote: LeaseWeb Special Tos
discretion.
file hosting is not content delivery network (cdn) & nor its streamin media service

leasweb is fine with http video on demand streaming & file hosting sites are fine, you can contact leaseweb and check it with them

ankurs

#12 Postby ankurs » Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

coolsalman_1 wrote:thanks ankrus. Will you guide me how to configure new 100tb server with webmin or cpanel. I am going to buy server in 2 days and then i have to configure it and install xfilesharing script.
sorry, you should find a linux system administrator who can setup for you

or contact support, they will help you with installation