XFileSharing Pro - NGINX mod

ObiVan

NGINX mod

#1 Postby ObiVan » May 17, 2011 11:54 am

Hello,

is there anyone who tried to move the script that have nginx mod installed and enabled to another server ?

If yes, which steps ??

Thank You

Eskick

#2 Postby Eskick » May 18, 2011 2:38 pm

i tried, i didn't backup download.pm and when i lost the file (which i had no idea existed as the coders over here did not mention that to me) they expect me to pay another 50$ for the full downloads mod which i paid before. so make sure you backup everything as sibsoft will try to charge you as much as they can.

ObiVan

#3 Postby ObiVan » May 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Hello Eskick,

thank You very much for reply.
When the script is configured as I wish it, than I always backup all the files from the cgi-bin folder as well as public_html folder...
Than I export the database file to .sql ...

I have successfully restored the script on another server which was installed from scratch and everything worked just fine except the "download"
because I cannot move the NGINX module because it`s a server and needs to be recompiled for perl....

so I contacted the Sibsoft and they was very fair against me, they fixed the NGINX module for very small amount....

But one thing is for sure, I know and I understand that NGINX module needs to be recompiled etc... BUT sibsoft should maybe fix the auto-installation trough a .bin file.

It can be made for different linux distros.... so for example NGINX mod for CentOs 5.6 64 bit just download it and install right ahead...

Cheers

ObiVan

#4 Postby ObiVan » May 18, 2011 2:53 pm

the only problem in this scenario when we need to move the script to another server is a "time" because users paid for their service and the server cannot be down that long... we need to respect the users who paid us for the service and minimize the down time for any price. !!

Than when we contact the SibSoft, they will naturally help us there is no talk about that.... but they could be very "busy" and it could take some time, than what ??

therefore I think that we should be able to install the script as well as move it with all the included modules any time...

The SibSoft is very fair they will help us with a installation, but as I mentioned it could take a time sometimes...

cheers

Eskick

#5 Postby Eskick » May 18, 2011 3:11 pm

I also think if we are spending over 200$ (more in my case) we should have been provided an archive file with what is needed to set it up, not just have an installation which we paid for seperately,
Am i right here?

Why are we being charged more for not backing it up properly when we dont recieve any instructions/files for something we pay for?

ObiVan

#6 Postby ObiVan » May 18, 2011 3:54 pm

well the script installation in its self is not a complicated part as I noticed it...
The only problem is these special mods such as NGINX...

But I agree it should be perhaps done on this way:

1. install clean Linux distro we will use
2. yum install all_needed_packages (apache, mysql perl etc)
4. run install.bin file

and this install.bin file should install the script, create all the folders and set the correct permissions on files/folders...

During install of this install.bin file we should be asked for the web server root location etc.....

But as mentioned it`s not a difficult to install the script as it`s today, but it could be easier yes...

Cheers

ObiVan

#7 Postby ObiVan » May 18, 2011 3:59 pm

just for to name it, Cisco use .bin files for their applications that are installed on RedHat, one single line and go ahead everything is auto-installed, all permissions set, the service started and configured to star upon the Redhat boot etc.... that`s nice.... just go ahead and use the app....

One of the applications that are installed on this way is: Cisco Application Networking Manager = ANM the .bin install file even creates a databases, users configures the connection files etc just everything...

ObiVan

#8 Postby ObiVan » May 18, 2011 4:09 pm

but again, remember that we are not a developers, maybe there is some other restrictions that we don`t know about.....

Eskick

#9 Postby Eskick » May 20, 2011 11:05 am

not really, just like how we can setup this script from a set of instructions, we SHOULD be provide the same set of instructions for something we pay more than we pay for the script.