XFileSharing Pro - I need some help about a database problem.

Mega B

I need some help about a database problem.

#1 Postby Mega B » Feb 02, 2011 9:33 am

Could i ask for some help on a problem that i am having with the database with the Filesharing Pro script,the site was initially setup for me so that the front end ran on a small dedicated server and the database was setup on a single large server which had 2 large capacity drives on the 2nd server.But i had the database transfered over to a large drive that has been located ob the small front end server if that makes sense so the whole site is on just one dedicated server the front end on the small drive and the database on the hugh 2nd drive.And this is what is causing me the problem as i dint have a great amount of html or server knowledge can someone suggest what i have to change in the settings in the admin panel so that they can talks to one another please.

I hope i have described the problem well so i can get the help,i am thinking it could be just a change of the i.p settings in the server section in the admin panel,its running version 1.6 i think if that makes any differance.

Thanks

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » Feb 02, 2011 10:24 am

so you earlier had 2 servers, web and database

now you have moved everything to one server ?

well just change database config in XFileConfig.pm file

Mega B

#3 Postby Mega B » Feb 02, 2011 10:31 am

Thanks for your suggestion but as i dont have much html knowledge it was setup for me and has run fine ever since but how does one change the XFileConfig.pm file can that be done from within the admin panel or not ???

ankurs

#4 Postby ankurs » Feb 02, 2011 10:54 am

Mega B wrote:Thanks for your suggestion but as i dont have much html knowledge it was setup for me and has run fine ever since but how does one change the XFileConfig.pm file can that be done from within the admin panel or not ???
download the file from cgi-bin folder

edit that file in a text editor, with your new database details and upload it back

make sure you backup your orignal file, before you overwrite it

Mega B

#5 Postby Mega B » Feb 02, 2011 11:01 am

@ankurs that worked a treat site is back up and running again as good as it ever has been.

Thanks for your help.