XUpload - Error showing the meter

marc

Error showing the meter

#1 Postby marc » Oct 05, 2006 10:00 pm

I've set the script on my server.
All is fine, my problem is .. my meter doesn't show up...
I get this:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, myserver.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.36 Server at myserver.com Port 80

From what i've seen it askes for a /cgi-bin/ folder in the root but i have the cgi-bin folder outside the root.
I've tried to make a copy of it on the root but it's the same.
i use as structure
cgi-bin/
www/

PilgrimX182

#2 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 06, 2006 10:07 am

What XUpload version do you use? Free or Pro?

Have you chmoded upload_progress.cgi to 755?
Make sure paths in Config are absolute and correct.

marc

#3 Postby marc » Oct 06, 2006 11:17 am

The pro one...i just checked it now and looks like it started to work.. don't know how..

I don't have a file upload_progress.cgi mayb upload_status.cgi

BTW, I would need to rename the images based on the description I am sending and that description to be mandatory.

How can i do that ?

Also, i would need use the uploader in 2 diffrent places with 2 different pics upload maximums. How can I do that ?
PilgrimX182 wrote:What XUpload version do you use? Free or Pro?

Have you chmoded upload_progress.cgi to 755?
Make sure paths in Config are absolute and correct.

PilgrimX182

#4 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 06, 2006 2:21 pm

Custom max upload size hack:

in xupload.js replace line starting with "f1.action = f1.action.split..." with

Code: Select all

f1.action = f1.action.split('?')[0]+'?upload_id='+UID+'&js_on=1&ref='+document.location+'&upload_password='+password+'max_size_mode='+f1.max_size_mode.value;
in upload_form.html add this hidden field to page you want to have custom max_upload_size:

<input type="hidden" name="max_size_mode" value="2">
in upload.cgi add this line :

$c->{max_upload_size}=182 if $ENV{QUERY_STRING}=~/max_size_mode=2/;
before

$CGI::POST_MAX = 1024 * $c->{max_upload_size};   # set max Total upload size
and change 182 to your max_size in Kbytes.

Custom renaming is possible, describe the way you want them to be renamed and maybe I will create the hack for ya.

marc

#5 Postby marc » Oct 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Thanks a lot. I have another 3 questions

1. How do i get the max_upload_files from the page ? I would like to set the no of uploads for different steps.

2. How do i get to change the upload folder, to be able to create like a structure:
uploads/set_1/
uploads/set_1/subset_1/
uploads/set_1/subset_2/
uploads/set_1/subset_3/subsubset_1/
I would like to have at least 2 of the 3 subfolders if posible.

3. How can i have a description on/off and if on how can i do it mandatory and set is as filename in case this this is on?

PilgrimX182

#6 Postby PilgrimX182 » Oct 09, 2006 8:05 am

marc wrote:Thanks a lot. I have another 3 questions

1. How do i get the max_upload_files from the page ? I would like to set the no of uploads for different steps.

2. How do i get to change the upload folder, to be able to create like a structure:
uploads/set_1/
uploads/set_1/subset_1/
uploads/set_1/subset_2/
uploads/set_1/subset_3/subsubset_1/
I would like to have at least 2 of the 3 subfolders if posible.

3. How can i have a description on/off and if on how can i do it mandatory and set is as filename in case this this is on?
1. No such option in XUpload right now. You gave me good idea, maybe it will be implemented in upcoming XUpload release soon.

2. Have this function. In XUploadConfig set allow_ext_folder=>1, then in upload_form.html add hidden field ext_folder with value = folder name you want files be uploaded to.

3. To turn descriptions off you should set enable_file_descr => 0 in XUploadConfig. No mandatory description feature right now, maybe will inplement in uplcoming release.