XFileSharing Pro - MP4 Encoding mod ???

acbirja

MP4 Encoding mod ???

#1 Postby acbirja » May 08, 2012 6:40 am

Does this MP4 Encoding mod convert all video formats (.avi, .wma, .mkv, .3gp and others) to MP4 Video File?

After we upload video file in .avi format and your Mp4 ENCODING MOD converts this video to MP4, in which format will it be downloaded? Will it remain .avi or it will change to MP4?

Thank you in advance.

ankurs

#2 Postby ankurs » May 08, 2012 9:43 am

it will convert all ffmpeg supported video formats

it will convert to .mp4

micromaster

hardware requirements

#3 Postby micromaster » Aug 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Is there any hardware requirements for the server to run video encoding?

ankurs

Re: hardware requirements

#4 Postby ankurs » Aug 21, 2012 3:16 pm

micromaster wrote:Is there any hardware requirements for the server to run video encoding?
No.

Even a p4 processor can encode, but it will be slow. Get a quad core processor and it should be fine.

randy

#5 Postby randy » Aug 21, 2012 3:31 pm

double or multiple quad cores and the most of ram you can get like 192 GB and then it will work fine!

you also need fast drives like SSD or sas.

Otherwise imagine your users upload 200 videos in 1 hour your server will become very slow!

PowerChaos

#6 Postby PowerChaos » Aug 21, 2012 11:09 pm

randy wrote:double or multiple quad cores and the most of ram you can get like 192 GB and then it will work fine!

you also need fast drives like SSD or sas.

Otherwise imagine your users upload 200 videos in 1 hour your server will become very slow!
i wanna bet that you can not let my server run slow , even if you upload 200 video's in 1 hour of 5GB big and convert them online to mp4 ..

there is a reason why there is a waiting line for converting :D
and if you still think it can overuse your cpu/ram then you can even tweak mplayer and ffmpg to decode in lower priority ( thats where linux is for )

anyway
if you like to try it out to see what it can and what it can not convert , feel free to test it out on my site ( http://boosterking.com )

use the following code to get a 1 day premium account , else you can not test it ( its premium only that site ^^ )

Code: Select all

sibsoft
i do not know how long i let that code stay alive as i like to prevent abuse , but that allows you to test it out with any file you like and then hopely you got your answer on your question

please note , depending on the video size it can go from 5 seconds to 15 min before a video is converted (also depending on the waiting queue )

Greetings From PowerChaos